• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Hello everyone. Is there anything in or near MD that offers helicopter ride target shooting? I see plenty in TX, or Vegas. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Sure, the Maryland State Police over Baltimore. :lol2:

Sadly, not happening in this state. You have to visit the wide expanses of Freedom outside of Maryland state lines in order to partake in what you seek.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Sure, the Maryland State Police over Baltimore. :lol2:

Sadly, not happening in this state. You have to visit the wide expanses of Freedom elsewhere to partake in what you seek.

Haha. How about any other kind of “active” shooting ranges? Ones where you can move around, and shoot targets. Anything like that allowed in this dang state?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Continental Arms is the only place I know of that allows these types of activities.

Shooting the target holders and cables is always popular there.

On occasion, you'll see folks adding a few new ventilation holes in the roof.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Continental Arms is the only place I know of that allows these types of activities.

Shooting the target holders and cables is always popular there.

On occasion, you'll see folks adding a few new ventilation holes in the roof.

Hahahaha, I’ll have to check it out!!

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    ive heard of helicopter boar hunting, to just go target shooting seems like an expensive waste of time, but if you have the money and that's your thing why not

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    ive heard of helicopter boar hunting, to just go target shooting seems like an expensive waste of time, but if you have the money and that's your thing why not

Yea, I’m with you. The wife doesn’t want to kill anything, but would like to shoot from a helicopter. Guess I’m out of luck, ha.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    Yea, I’m with you. The wife doesn’t want to kill anything, but would like to shoot from a helicopter. Guess I’m out of luck, ha.

don't get me wrong, if it were free or cheap, I'd probably try it just for the experience, but I cant see that succeeding as a business, not many people would pay the kind of money I guess it would take.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Reach out to this guy

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have friends in Georgia doing this but I hear this time of year they switch to mosquitos or was it mojitos ?
    MD is tough OP, good luck.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    there are some 3 gun matches out west where folks shoot from zip lines or in the back of trucks.

but if you want to run around and shoot stuff, peacemaker is the best option around, big bays, natural terrain stages, lots of movement, shooting out to 500 yards (1200yds for precision rifle matches). and they have plate racks, texas stars, polish (propeller) plate racks that are a blast to shoot. york also and thurmont but on a smaller scale. www.practiscore.com and do a search based on your zip code for area matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom