• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    IF that were the case I would have to do some soul searching but since I have never voted for a dem I would probably right my own name in.

Hey, if you don’t like jack Bailey that’s your Paragative. If you want to vote dem or for hogan, that’s what makes America great.

You sure take a lotta interest in the way I think.

I think Hogan’s a traitor but I won’t punish someone else for Hogan’s sins. Principles and all.

It doesn't matter who I like in your district, I can't vote for him or her.

But you, as the principled one issue voter, would write in YOUR OWN NAME instead of a solid 2A supporting candidate who would vote to give Joe the ditch digger a carry permit because they have a D behind their name?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It doesn't matter who I like in your district, I can't vote for him or her.

But you, as the principled one issue voter, would write in YOUR OWN NAME instead of a solid 2A supporting candidate who would vote to give Joe the ditch digger a carry permit because they have a D behind their name?

Like I said, I would have to do a lotta soul searching before ever voting dem.

That thinking goes back more than 100 years in my family.

Old dogs and all

My principles must be more interesting than I thought

Now you will have to excuse me, I have been up and working for 42 hours and I gotta get some rest, I have two days of meetings coming up for April’s billing and starting a new job so we can worry about my principles tomorrow

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I saw Deb Ray signs. Is anyone running against her?

I only know of a Democrat running against her. If there is a Republican candidate running against her, I missed it.

I am pretty sure Morgan is running unopposed.

Last edited:

RMSmart

May 1, 2018
    Jack Bailey will say anything to get votes. His own website says he will "fully support Governor Larry Hogan's agenda." Enough said. If Hogan were standing next to him when you spoke to him, his answers would have been different. He applied to Hogan's office for a position in 2015 and wasn't appointed...hmmm. If he DOES do the writing on his own webpage, he writes like a 3rd grader, but chances are, his wife does it for him. At the fundraiser he stood there like a scared kid when he had the opportunity to address his supporters. Being local is great, but there's no way I'm going to support someone who will A) talk out of both sides of his mouth for votes and B) throw us back into the dark ages. He will be an embarrassment to our county if he gets to Annapolis.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    jon-popcorn.gif

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Deb Rey is unopposed in Primary.

Brian Crosby is running against her in General election.

Crosby's website doesn't mention guns one way or the other . But everything else doesn't suck ,.and he both seems reasonably qualified, and better than 99% of Maryland Dems .

I've stated before , in Maryland , the letter behind their names means nothing . They all get supported/ opposed on the basis of their own actions .

Punishing enemies is important for its own sake.

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    I am sticking with Waugh. Jack Bailey does not impress me at all. Hogan wants an obedient moderate.

Also, I will definitely vote for Cameron again. Phelan has zero Law Enforcement experience, while Cameron rose up through the SMSO ranks.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Deb Rey is unopposed in Primary.

Brian Crosby is running against her in General election.

Crosby's website doesn't mention guns one way or the other . But everything else doesn't suck ,.and he both seems reasonably qualified, and better than 99% of Maryland Dems .

I've stated before , in Maryland , the letter behind their names means nothing . They all get supported/ opposed on the basis of their own actions .

Punishing enemies is important for its own sake.

Crosby is a hard core anti, and I have the audio to prove it, obtained legally at an open meeting.

GAU-17

Jun 21, 2018
    Don't be fooled by Hogan lies

Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    well since I wrote that post Jack Bailey called me. kinda weird but I liked what I heard

Jack Bailey says he pro 2a

he says Maryland should be a carry state and he believes everyone should be able to carry, as long as they are not a prohibited person.

he says he doesn't like and will work against the may issue system in md and even mentioned open carry

hes pro constitution and pro leo since he was a dnr cop until he retired

I likes what he said and he got $250 from me. and he will be getting my vote.
    44 the thing that worries me is that Bailey sounds like hogan years ago and im concerned that hogan is endorsing him I do not trust Hogan at all anymore what say you

Senator Steve Waugh is as pro 2A as it gets. He sponsored multiple bills for CCA reciprocity and repeal of Firearm Safety Act and voted AGAINST Red Flag bill and bump stock ban. He also managed to get Baltimore City police on the record saying that all gun crimes in Baltimore are committed with illegal firearms - meaning gun control laws do nothing. Waugh also wrote School Safety bill that passed unanimously and includes armed safety officers for schools.

Hogan yes man (Bailey) says he will support us, but Senator Waugh has been supporting us over the last 4 years, and as a Retired Marine will no doubt continue to support. I have reservations about Bailey as he was picked by non-2A Hogan to run. Looks like a shady deal to me.

I'm voting for proven 2A Senator Waugh rather than Hogan minion.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Bailey missrepresenting Waugh

I surely don’t trust hogan and won’t vote for him, he has proven himself a solid anti

I never heard hogan speak as pro 2a as jack Bailey did ever especially about ccw

I like Steve Waugh’s voting record on the 2a but him working with the dems gives me pause

Like I said I think it’s well worth talking with jack Bailey and see for yourselves What do you think?

Bailey sent a postcard alleging that Waugh sponsored legislation about the creation of a gun database. What Waugh's intention was to show that illegal guns were used almost exclusively in crimes v/s legally procured weapons since MD does not track this stat. The Baltimore sheriff finally admitted as much, and Waugh withdrew the bill. Also beware the NRA ratings for candidates. Hogan has joined the NRA in a push to remove Waugh because he voted against one of Hogan's vetos (our governor does not tolerate dissent in the ranks). The NRA gave Waugh a "C" rating since he did not toe the line in all issues. Of course the NRA does not explain the rating. I wonder if this had anything to do w/ the bump stock legislation that the NRA endorsed before being crucified by their membership.

Finally, Waugh voted against 1302, NOT for it as implied by Bailey's disingenuous postcard that I admit was effective enough to change my vote until investigated each of their snarky "what was he thinking?" allegations. I suppose I should be used to politicians lying to besmirch their opponents in this day and age. I urge you to contact his office for any questions regarding his position on issues as I did last night and received a call back this morning. Steve Waugh has my vote for state senator.

GAU-17

Jun 21, 2018
    Bailey sent a postcard alleging that Waugh sponsored legislation about the creation of a gun database. What Waugh's intention was to show that illegal guns were used almost exclusively in crimes v/s legally procured weapons since MD does not track this stat. The Baltimore sheriff finally admitted as much, and Waugh withdrew the bill. Also beware the NRA ratings for candidates. Hogan has joined the NRA in a push to remove Waugh because he voted against one of Hogan's vetos (our governor does not tolerate dissent in the ranks). The NRA gave Waugh a "C" rating since he did not toe the line in all issues. Of course the NRA does not explain the rating. I wonder if this had anything to do w/ the bump stock legislation that the NRA endorsed before being crucified by their membership.

Finally, Waugh voted against 1302, NOT for it as implied by Bailey's disingenuous postcard that I admit was effective enough to change my vote until investigated each of their snarky "what was he thinking?" allegations. I suppose I should be used to politicians lying to besmirch their opponents in this day and age. I urge you to contact his office for any questions regarding his position on issues as I did last night and received a call back this morning. Steve Waugh has my vote for state senator.

Agree, Hobiecat590. You have the record correct.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    The way I see it, if the establishment is mobilizing against someone, that someone probably deserves our vote. Steve Waugh has been stirring the pot and pissing the establishment off. Kinda reminds me of someone else :-) MMGA

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    What did Deb turn on?

As far as I know, her votes have solidly been pro-2A...

Other than voting for the bumpstock ban and for the red flag bill ???

Sure, after getting caught on the red flag bill and begging Waugh to try and bail her out by getting the delegate traitors a second chance to vote she’s just fine( sarcasm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom