• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome Blueheeler.
    While I'm sure all of us enjoy your company here. www.DCShooters.com is probably the best place for you to get up-to-date, all-inclusive information for the District. It's not as well known, but has been around almost as long as MDShooters. A couple of us "old timers" frequent both boards. Hope to see ya over there :thumbsup:
    Sorry if I'm an idiot and missing something but the link takes you to the MD Shooters site.

The link IS www.dcshooters.com

And welcome aboard sir!

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    welcome!

cant say i share your fondness for DC, quite the opposite in fact, but to each their own i suppose.

thats awesome that your dad works at a shooting range, talk about awesome hook ups.

i live right near MSAR just outside clinton, i dont go near as often as id like though, their range price is good.

i know he dont own the place but you oughta nudge your dad about their air system, maybe he can nudge the owners, cause the biggest problem there is the terrible air circulation, and especially in the summer when its hot its pretty bad in there.

its a little further out but if you havent you should also check oput the myrtle grove range in la plata, not the best facilities but you can shoot rifles and its the absolute lowest price around for a range at just $20 for up to a year.

i shoot clays there every now and then, and though not the same gun, and not a tactical model i shoot with a mossberg 835, which is basically the mossberg equivalent to the 870 except that it also takes magnum shells.

sure its no OU but it works just fine for having fun shooting clays, i go with my brothers usually and we dont even keep score, its just a lot of fun and the incentive to do well is just not to get ripped on heh.

I do not know what the problem is with the air circulation system at MSAR because I usually try to shoot on the private side. I do know it is pretty much impossible with the current system to climate control and run the exhaust fans.

Myrtle Grove is my next shooting field trip, not sure when I will make it down there though. What distances do they have there?

Sorry if I'm an idiot and missing something but the link takes you to the MD Shooters site.

The link IS www.dcshooters.com

And welcome aboard sir!

I thought you were making a joke.:lol:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Welcome to the club, I used to go to MSAR a lot and noticed the poor air ventilation. One day I went when they were packed and all the toxic smoke gave me a sinus/throat infection for two weeks. Haven't been back since. Myrtle Grove is 100 yards max., go on weekdays or go on weekends with bad weather. Weekends with good weather, you will be standing in line for a while.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Welcome to the club, I used to go to MSAR a lot and noticed the poor air ventilation. One day I went when they were packed and all the toxic smoke gave me a sinus/throat infection for two weeks. Haven't been back since. Myrtle Grove is 100 yards max., go on weekdays or go on weekends with bad weather. Weekends with good weather, you will be standing in line for a while.

I will mention your concrens about ventilation next time I am at MSAR.

Thanks for the info on Myrtle Grove. 100 yards is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom