• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I see introductions are in order. Yes, I live in DC. Yes, there is pointless legwork for gun ownership, otherwise it can be great city living, if that is your thing. I grew up plinking, but took a break. A couple of years ago I bought and DC registered an 870. This February I bought a mod choke 28” barrel and took it to PG County skeet and trap for my first time shooting clays. I am now officially addicted to sporting clays. Trap is not bad either. I get laughed at with my tactical 870 at PG, but it busts birds as well as most. I go shooting somewhere about every other weekend. With so many places to go it is hard to choose which gun to bring out to play. I am also in a guns/ammo buying frenzy now that I know the hurdles of DC gun ownership.

Mostly I go to PG Skeet and Trap or MSAR. This past weekend was a trip to Berwyn Rod and Gun. I have also been finding great joy over the years by introducing noobs to the range. I have never brought someone that did not absolutely love the experience so I must be doing something right.:)

Happy to be here.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    welcome! if you venture down to Sharpshooters in lorton send me a note, I can dive to the bottom of the potomoc and grab some pistols from my last accident..

-j

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    welcome! if you venture down to Sharpshooters in lorton send me a note, I can dive to the bottom of the potomoc and grab some pistols from my last accident..

-j

Yeah Lorton is not too far way. Thanks for the offer, I appreciate. My Dad, retired police firearms instructor, works at MSAR. So I often shoot handguns there because it is local.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Welcome Blueheeler.
    While I'm sure all of us enjoy your company here. www.DCShooters.com is probably the best place for you to get up-to-date, all-inclusive information for the District. It's not as well known, but has been around almost as long as MDShooters. A couple of us "old timers" frequent both boards. Hope to see ya over there :thumbsup:

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Yeah Lorton is not too far way. Thanks for the offer, I appreciate. My Dad, retired police firearms instructor, works at MSAR. So I often shoot handguns there because it is local.

welcome!

cant say i share your fondness for DC, quite the opposite in fact, but to each their own i suppose.

thats awesome that your dad works at a shooting range, talk about awesome hook ups.

i live right near MSAR just outside clinton, i dont go near as often as id like though, their range price is good.

i know he dont own the place but you oughta nudge your dad about their air system, maybe he can nudge the owners, cause the biggest problem there is the terrible air circulation, and especially in the summer when its hot its pretty bad in there.

its a little further out but if you havent you should also check oput the myrtle grove range in la plata, not the best facilities but you can shoot rifles and its the absolute lowest price around for a range at just $20 for up to a year.

i shoot clays there every now and then, and though not the same gun, and not a tactical model i shoot with a mossberg 835, which is basically the mossberg equivalent to the 870 except that it also takes magnum shells.

sure its no OU but it works just fine for having fun shooting clays, i go with my brothers usually and we dont even keep score, its just a lot of fun and the incentive to do well is just not to get ripped on heh.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to MDS and the addiction of sporting clays. I'm in MoCo and shoot at PG trap and skeet occasionally. Hit me up when your up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom