• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    What is a decent Glock pistol light? Between $90-$175.

Q

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Atlantic Guns had TLR-3 on sale as part of their Glock Sale for 84.95 , They may still honor that price if you call them Monday and ask , I have one on a Glock 19 for a night stand gun .

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I use the Glock Tactical Light, not as bright as some of the others but I find 1000 lumens seems to be a bit blinding to both parties.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Any brand name LED pistol light will be fine. I've got a Streamlight TLR-2, had it for about 10 years now. Name brand will have a quality reflector, aluminum (or very rugged plastic) body and will last for a long time.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-...=tlr1hl&qid=1552842232&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spell
    Tlr1hl....get this. Great controls, not too pricey, durable, acceptable lumen output(floods room with light for baseboard/umbrella lighting), and great candela for threat control(hotspot in face removes visual horizon). It's common enough to find plenty of holster options for it(especially when mounted on a glock). I've got an armadillo concealment Lux that keys to this light and allows you to use the same holster for multiple different guns. it's decently comfy for appendix and/or iwb at 3.

Another option would be the great olight pl2. It's 1,200 lumens with good controls, but you need to reach a little further with your shooting hand than I'd prefer. Off-hand manipulation of the pl2 with your thumb is a piece of cake though. It lacks a little throw/intensity of the tlr1, because the hotspot is larger and diffuses the candela a bit more, but it makes up for it with the increase in lumens lighting up everything in front of you pretty well for pistol ranges. If you can wait, olight runs flash sales allllllll the damned time with popular lights typically being either 30% or 40% off. Picking up a pl2 for $60 feels like you're stealing. You can still find holsters for it(again...especially for a glock...), but you need to look around a little more.
    https://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/olight-pl-ii-valkyrie

WMLs.jpg

20181121_091618(1).jpg

20181121_091734(1).jpg

20181121_091903(1).jpg

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Last I heard, the Olight PL2s had heat issues that resulted in half the output after 1.5 minutes. That alone is enough to steer me to the TLR-1 - not to mention the better holster selection.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Looking like the TLR-1 users are making the decision pretty clear. Thanks for the information, hopefully it helps others as well.

Q

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    TLR-1 if it is a house gun or something where concealment isn't the main priority.

The smaller ones get rather difficult to turn on. The TLR-1 controls are simple and are large enough to easily activate and deactivate.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Looking like the TLR-1 users are making the decision pretty clear. Thanks for the information, hopefully it helps others as well.

Q

TLR 1 is good, but if you want to conceal I would look at smaller options. Good news is every model imaginable is available for a glock. Holster compatibility is a huge option to consider too.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I was thinking about that, does anyone make a magazine and light holder combo? I know they make holsters for pistol and light combos, but was wondering if anyone made a combo magazine and light holder.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom