• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    In an open letter published Monday, CEOs for Dick’s Sporting Goods, Levi Strauss & Co., TOMS and RXR Realty called on Congress to criminalize the private transfer of firearms.

“Gun violence in America is not inevitable; it’s preventable. There are steps Congress can, and must, take to prevent and reduce gun violence,” said Dick’s CEO Edward Stack, Levi CEO Chip Bergh, TOMS CEO Blake Mycoskie, and RXR Realty CEO Scott Rechler.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/ceos-dicks-toms-levi-rxr-realty-gun-control/

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    There was a time in my younger days when people saw firearms daily on the shelves of a very large number of stores.

It's not a good thing when stores drop the sales of firearms. The comparative lack of visual firearms exposure in stores nowadays has had much to do with demonizing firearms over the years in the minds of many.

That said, with this puke of a CEO, Dick's needs to be out of the firearm's business entirely.

Can't happen soon enough. Good riddance. Hope you close entirely.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I haven't owned a pair of Levi's in twenty plus years. They were liberal/anti back then. Look where they are from that crap hole San Francisco.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I don't shop at Dicks and only have two pair of Levis(bought at Goodwill so I didn't throw money at Levi) .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Wrangler jeans are just more consistent in their sizing, cheaper too. Dicks actually mentioned their sales decline being due to lack of gun sales and their position on the AR in their Earnings Conference call, so they know and continue their ways.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Boy, Dicks keeps doubling down on stupid.

Toms I get... they are a liberal hippy-dippy company, but I'm surprised at Levi. Guess they are no longer the miner's friends that they started as.
    Really? Levi was giving money to Million Mom March back in the 90s. Haven't worn their garbage in years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Only reason I bought one of the two pair of Levis I own is that they are 541s made in USA, made with white oak cone denim. $88 new/ 5.99 in as new condition at Goodwill probably never farted in.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Ditto. Funny thing is my kids don't wear jeans ever. It's not fashionable in their crowd.

My kids only wore them when they were toddlers and didn't have a say.

I grew up in them starting with the cardboard-stiff fresh off the assembly line style.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Heroin is illegal in all 50 States and the City of Bloodymore gives junkies a clean safe place to inject their poison.
    If only, simply making something illegal could stop the use of it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My kids only wore them when they were toddlers and didn't have a say.

I grew up in them starting with the cardboard-stiff fresh off the assembly line style.

Cardboard stiff is right! Like wearing dimension lumber duct taped onto your legs.

Brings back memories. That was when nobody called them jeans. They were dungarees. And Mom would absolutely refuse to wash them until they got dirty because they were brand new. :lol2:

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I have a stack of Levi 559's in the closet at home; wearing a pair now. I see no reason for a jeans manufacturer to stick their nose into politics and take a side. As my existing pants slowly wear out one by one, I'll reconsider what I replace them with.

It sucks too; after spending years to find the brand, model, and size that fits exactly how I want, some jackass in upper management goes and jumps into politics. There's no need for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom