• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    So where do we stand as of now? What’s next in the process? What is the status of the bills thus far?

This was a bill hearing - the chance for the public to submit testimony to the committee of record for the bills.

The committee will debate amongst themselves in informal settings to feel out whether they want to move on any of these as agenda items. Any items they wish to move will be brought up by the chairman for a vote, any that he does not wish to move will be held in his "desk drawer".

Any bill not voted Unfavorable or Withdrawn By Sponsor remains "active" until the gavels strike the desks in both chambers on Sine Die (last day of session, April 8, 2019 at midnight).

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Any items they wish to move will be brought up by the chairman for a vote, any that he does not wish to move will be held in his "desk drawer".

Any bill not voted Unfavorable or Withdrawn By Sponsor remains "active" until the gavels strike the desks in both chambers on Sine Die (last day of session, April 8, 2019 at midnight).

This. Ain't over 'till it's over.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Don't get carried away, kiddo. He was talking about MY hair. :D

Thank you to EVERYONE who stood so tall on a day designed to force us to our knees!

What most of testifying Patriots missed in the MSP-enforced silence of the Hearing Room, were the MANY CHEERS THAT WENT UP in in the overflow rooms when our crew dunked on the Infringers!

Teratos, you got one of the loudest cheers as someone who hammered the Dems for their shortsighted blame game about guns vs. the complete absence of mental health support in The Free State.

This from a medical doctor ready to challenge in his "We Will Not Comply" shirt.

So where do we stand as of now? What’s next in the process? What is the status of the bills thus far?

I am just about to launch a Patriot Picket Action thread to stage picketing outside the SENATE office building for the hours prior to their NOON hearings on three gun bills.

The weather will be nicer, sign up should go much faster, and the day should be much less of a slog.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I think more delegates actually listened than in some years past. And the chair handled things fairly I think. I don't know what happened with moving the HBAR bill, although I have my ideas. Although with the appearance of the lack of support, that idea may not be valid. There were the 5 bills they grouped, which I don't agree with, that had other sponsors there to introduce. My guess is those groups were pushing to be moved up. Idk. At any rate, thank you to everyone who stood by us. In a shocking turn of events, as we were walking back to Navy Stadium, a car pulls over and tells us to hop in, he'll give us a ride the rest of the way. It was Clippinger.

Well, I hope if you accepted you reminded him of how pleasant his desk drawer would be to all of us.:)

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Wednesday's Bills

I may have missed it. If so, apologies in advance.

What are the numbers of the bills to be heard tomorrow, or a link to that information?

Thanks in advance.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 16.05.24.jpg
      Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 16.05.24.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 416

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    hahahahah, snapping yo fingas....also takes two fingers...

It’s all in the follow-thru!

Attachments

• 661CC289-D927-434F-894C-EA950D389C3C.jpg
      661CC289-D927-434F-894C-EA950D389C3C.jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 417

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This was a bill hearing - the chance for the public to submit testimony to the committee of record for the bills.

The committee will debate amongst themselves in informal settings to feel out whether they want to move on any of these as agenda items. Any items they wish to move will be brought up by the chairman for a vote, any that he does not wish to move will be held in his "desk drawer".

Thank you for this insight.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Here's an idea for testimony tomorrow:

“A Winchester rifle should have a place of honor in every black home, and it should be used for that protection which the law refuses to give.”

― Ida B. Wells-Barnett

102474.jpg

Ida B. Wells-Barnett was a prominent journalist, activist, and researcher, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. In her lifetime, she battled sexism, racism, and violence. As a skilled writer, Wells-Barnett also used her skills as a journalist to shed light on the conditions of African Americans throughout the South.

https://www.womenshistory.org/education-resources/biographies/ida-b-wells-barnett

In 1884, long before Rosie Parks refused to move to the back of a bus, Ida B Wells refused to move off of a first class train car for which she had purchased a ticket. When Ida B Wells made this statement about a Winchester rifle, the rifle she was referring to was a Winchester repeating rifle, the most advanced assault-style weapon of it's day. Today the MGA is attempting to strip black families in Baltimore of their right to have an AR-15 to defend their homes and loved ones from violent invasions.

Play it from that angle, not that middle aged white man "You can't take my guns because the constitution says so" line.

Oh, and Ida B. Wells, like the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, was a republican.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Use you time from one of the bills to talk about the history of the NRA, when it was formed to protect rights of blacks to keep and bear arms after the civil war when southern democrats passed laws stripping them of their basic human rights. Who cares if it's not relevant to the bill being heard, I bet most of the Dems in the MGA don't know that about the NRA and it might have an impact on them to learn the truth.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    By far my favorite moment. Awesome lol

Finger snapping..

SNAP, SNAP! Smokey smokin it! Well done.
    Yes, this was awesome. We need more of that. They will do their best to ignore you. Don't let them. You took a day off of work, traveled a great distance, and sat and waited for hours to have a chance to give you opinion. The least they can do is give you their attention for 2 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom