• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Marino

Feb 15, 2019
    Maryland will use corrupt courts to aquire any firearms transactions records. Then you get a letter in the mail saying turín them in or face criminal charges. Do you really think the NRA or the court system will challenge it?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    It would be a very good gesture for some of the politicians that want to take our guns away lead by example and give up all they're bodyguards that carry the REAL weapons of war. Why would they need weapons like that on the streets of America anyway? Maybe we could buy the guns back from them.

A good observation to be repeated and asked of the anti-gun Annapolis politicals; at the next MGA convening in 2020...

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Maryland will use corrupt courts to aquire any firearms transactions records. Then you get a letter in the mail saying turín them in or face criminal charges. Do you really think the NRA or the court system will challenge it?

No. But I think they will have a hard time collecting.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    No. But I think they will have a hard time collecting.

I agree with this. There is simply no manpower to do that. You literally need to subpoena the financials of every citizen in the state. And then you need people to go through them all. And then you need to differentiate what is a “firearms related” transaction and what isn’t. And then you need to find out exactly what was bought. That’s all assuming that the companies send electronic records. Paper? Haha forget about it!

I love some good tin foil myself, but this ain’t gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

silasvirus82

Dam Builder
    Dec 4, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    You and what army is going to come and take them?
    https://survivalblog.com/mathematics-countering-tyranny/

Great read, thanks. I believe the percentage of Americans willing to risk their lives over their guns would be low, but I think a huge percentage of them would be willing to hide them and offer them up to a resistance force. I do agree with the general conclusion of this article though, the door kickers will quickly give up.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I doubt that after ARs and other like weapons are banned that law enforcement will be coming door to door collecting them. Instead there will be arrests as LEOs come across banned weapons during their daily interactions with citizens. Those owners will be made an example of with maximum sentences.

that's what i'm thinking. if you use them for home or self defense, you end up in jail. and you're not going to want to take them to the range or a match or out in public.

Joe Marino

Feb 15, 2019
    What good is the weapon going to be be if we can’t shoot them or are too afraid to even defend ourselves with them? Bottom line we just have a weapon we hide and dispose when we die because we don’t want our heirs to be prosecuted.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    I agree with this. There is simply no manpower to do that. You literally need to subpoena the financials of every citizen in the state. And then you need people to go through them all. And then you need to differentiate what is a “firearms related” transaction and what isn’t. And then you need to find out exactly what was bought. That’s all assuming that the companies send electronic records. Paper? Haha forget about it!

I love some good tin foil myself, but this ain’t gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No there is this thing in Maryland that you filled out called a 77R. The old forms not the new ones. This will be the registry that Maryland needs to confiscate firearms. They will first go to a judge and say you having these weapons and here's the proof is why I need a RED FLAG issued. SWAT storms your house at 3 am. All your firearms get confiscated, and you thrown into jail as a terrorist. Anything short of Grandfathering WILL SPARK civil uprising.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    What good is the weapon going to be be if we can’t shoot them or are too afraid to even defend ourselves with them? Bottom line we just have a weapon we hide and dispose when we die because we don’t want our heirs to be prosecuted.

well the gov't knows they're all still out there, so hopefully still a deterrence against tyranny. and i guess if it saves your life in a home invasion or similar scenario, perhaps the tradeoff of some jail time is worth it (or not). but yeah most of the fun of firearms is actually shooting them.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    well the gov't knows they're all still out there, so hopefully still a deterrence against tyranny. and i guess if it saves your life in a home invasion or similar scenario, perhaps the tradeoff of some jail time is worth it (or not). but yeah most of the fun of firearms is actually shooting them.

If they are quiet, you can still shoot them with less of a risk lol

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Dems have absolutely NO respect for the Second Amendment. The Dems are nakedly advocating for the confiscation of basically all semi automatic rifles that accept a detachable magazine. If they succeed does anyone really think they will stop there? Definitely handguns will be next. First semis and then revolvers. Then it will be knives. Just look to what's going on in London.

If they can stomp all over one Constitutional Amendment, they can stomp on them all.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    The focus on the type of gun used needs to be taken away from these idiots.

Why hasn't anyone on the pro 2A side compared El Paso to the Luby's shooting in TX in 1991...........23 dead, 27 wounded.......
    motive......... "An ex-roommate of his said, "He hated blacks, Hispanics, gays. He said women were snakes"
    Fire arms used..... Glock 17 & Ruger P89........... reloaded at least 3 times and shot himself in the head with his last bullet.

In 1991 Luby's shooting:
    No Trump
    No assault rifle
    No CC permit for Texans!! Not even retired LEO's federal or state were allowed carry permits at the time.
    Several victims had left guns in their car at the restaurant due to the above (also illegal in TX at the time).
    The Luby's shooting ultimately led to TX becoming a shall issue State.

My how times have changed. The one thing that has remained constant is "crazy"

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    If you can stomach, here's Bernie laying out his gun control plans, including of course, banning of "assault weapons".

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Even Country Music artists are getting on the gun ban bandwagon. Kacey Musgraves called for a ban on guns. During a profanity laced speech on stage live she called for a ban on "anything near automatic" (whatever that is).

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Meh, come on and get em, if you can find them. That is if I even own any guns. This starts getting any stupider might be a run on pvc pipe.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Gun Elimination is Still Official DNC Policy

I believe an empirical look at the source of the evil is in order. So here's the plank from the most recent (2018) Official DNC Platform:
    https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/ensure-the-health-and-safety-of-all-americans/
    Preventing Gun Violence

With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM’s)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.
    Emphasis mine.

The wording has not changed since the 2016 National Convention Platform.
    https://democrats.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2016_DNC_Platform.pdf Page 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom