• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    You really think it requires a quarter of a million dollars worth of clothing to raise money?? From gun owners who dress like gun owners? That's F ing ridiculous

Country club Republicans bro. These are the people with 25k over/under trap guns. Not the people in their garage working de-mil parts kits into functional firearms

gcwood

Continental Soldier
    Jun 26, 2013
    We need a NEW NRA

I was a proud life member of the NRA. Now I am ashamed of what they have become. The ENTIRE leadership needs to be replaced immediately, especially La Pierre. When you send a Life Member an envelope marked "membership expiring" and it is just a stupid ploy to get more money to finance his lifestyle I can no longer support that organization. They have drifted WAY off the main focal points which are protection of the US Constitution, the second amendment in particular obviously, competions, and safety trainings.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Good riddance. Negotiating Rights Away since 1934. I give my money to Firearms Policy Coalition and Gun Owners if America... organizations that won’t compromise on my rights.

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Good riddance. Negotiating Rights Away since 1934. I give my money to Firearms Policy Coalition and Gun Owners if America... organizations that won’t compromise on my rights.

Absolutely right!
    Screw the Not Real Activists and donate to FPC and GoA.
    I won't give another dime to the NRA until Wayne and the other cronies are gone.
    No compromise, stop taking our rights and supporting BS legislation.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    LaPierre does need to go, he has lost the confidence of the rank-and-file membership.

And the NRA BOD needs a massive scrubbing. There are too many "directors in name only" who don't attend meetings. And too many directors, period. Seventy-five of them? A third of that number would be too many.

Hell, I'm considering running myself...fresh new faces, fresh new ideas.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    LaPierre does need to go, he has lost the confidence of the rank-and-file membership.

And the NRA BOD needs a massive scrubbing. There are too many "directors in name only" who don't attend meetings. And too many directors, period. Seventy-five of them? A third of that number would be too many.

Hell, I'm considering running myself...fresh new faces, fresh new ideas.

There are too many BoD who dont understand that WLP needs to go simply because NRA cannot take the repeated reputational hits, regardless of whether the hits are true or not. WLP is nearing retirement anyway. WLP trying to stay for more than a few years at best is an exercise in futility.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    NY AG Sets Sights On NRA Board Of Directors

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckr...tmE0wuKGaS-gVfN7u-Vw7hpNTTSU8wYBuI3MYci8Q6R9g

New York Attorney General Letitia James issued another subpoena to the National Rifle Association on Monday, seeking financial and compliance-related records for more than 90 current and former members of the group’s board.

The New York Times first reported the subpoena’s issuance.

The NRA confirmed in a statement to TPM that it had received the subpoena.

“As we understand it, counsel to the NRA Board accepted service of a subpoena to the board that relates to the production of documents and information,” NRA outside counsel William A. Brewer III of Brewer, Attorneys & Counselors told TPM in a statement. “Such a request was expected and, as we have said many times, the NRA will cooperate with any reasonable, good faith request for information given the organization’s commitment to good governance.”

The subpoena reportedly seeks records regarding financial and spending decisions by the group.

A representative for James declined to comment.

The request comes as the NRA faces internal turmoil after its very public falling out with its longtime ad vendor, Ackerman McQueen. Documents anonymously leaked in May appeared to show NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre routing expenses for personal travel through Ackerman, which then billed the gun group.

Dual massacres in El Paso and Dayton this past weekend put new pressure on the group, which is arguably responsible for halting any meaningful gun control legislation for decades and for loosening what gun control laws were in place around the country.

The NRA booted its longtime chief lobbyist Chris Cox in June while claiming that he had been part of an Oliver North-sponsored coup attempt against LaPierre. Recent reporting has suggested that Cox’s ouster may have drained the NRA of some of its political clout.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There are too many BoD who dont understand that WLP needs to go simply because NRA cannot take the repeated reputational hits, regardless of whether the hits are true or not. WLP is nearing retirement anyway. WLP trying to stay for more than a few years at best is an exercise in futility.

Retirement???? Why would he retire? He's got the proverbial fatted calf as a job? He's not swinging a hammer or pouring concrete for a job. He can go on and on in his capacity and never miss a meal (or $32k wardrobe).

He'll never retire. Actually he's been like the President Emeritus for many years. Maybe not officially, but you can bet the NRA does nothing without WLP's approval.

He needs to be voted out to send a message. Anything less is complacency and will never satisfy those like us who can see the forest for the trees.

MrDK

Jan 18, 2012
    Seaford DE
    I read somewhere a retired US Marine gave up a life membership for the same exact reason, sounds to me the NRA has become just as corrupt as the US Government. What a shame.

ellist

Oct 15, 2014
    LaPierre makes over $5million per year. You donors make the senior executives millionaires. How are you doing?

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    LaPierre makes over $5million per year. You donors make the senior executives millionaires. How are you doing?
    Yep. I am shocked/appalled that people still give them a cent with all the other organizations that need the money and actually fight the overreaching government. IE: FPC and MSI, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I have always liked Wayne. He's a great speaker and I think he's been effective. What got him was greed and hubris. So don't everyone bail out, get a new leader or new leadership.

We must stand together.

I cannot stand the thought of the antis laughing how they dismantled the NRA.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    And here I thought giving away a page full of firearms was a but of a waste, yeah, WLP will want Mueller to do any investigation lol.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    This is just a trainwreck. I don't see how the NRA gets it together for 2020

http://www.savethe2a.org/breaking-n...guSXEQ5G8mx6GfJ4-H44KVdyj-IrbA6X57iMQvwTwGQOQ

NRA-Board-Resignation-Letter-Page-1-of-2-791x1024.jpg

NRA-Board-Resignation-Letter-Page-2-of-2-2-791x1024.jpg

Never forget, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    The NRA's future will not be determined by who resigns it will be determined by who is put in place of Wayne and the board members who have left in disgrace. We need Young blood not afraid of political fallout not afraid to take on the antis. we don't need more fudds trying to compromise and make deals.

After reading what may be the worst piece of Fuddish propaganda I’ve seen in decades, I decided it was high time to pass on a few tools to help spot a Fudd when they intrude into the public discourse about firearms.

What follows is my Top 10 list for successful Fudd spotting:

1. All Fudds have a common mantra: “You don’t need an AR to hunt deer.” Even though the rifle has become the most popular platform for taking all kinds of game, they don’t care. To the Fuddistas, an AR, regardless of caliber or build, is still just an Evil Black Rifle.

2. All Fudds fail to understand that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. I’ve read it more than a few times. I’ve yet to come across any verbiage about hunting.

3. All Fudds have an inflated sense of self worth. They believe their opinions carry more weight than anyone else’s. After all, most serious Fudds were once published authors. They wrote for hunting magazines, when people actually bought hunting magazines. They were treated like kings — offered free guided hunts and African safaris that cost more than most pickup trucks. All the guns and gear, which were provided free of charge for the hunts by the magazine’s sponsors, they kept. Now that most hunting magazines are struggling, and the free safaris have dwindled, the Fudds are looking for other ways to gain notoriety and to return to the Golden Age, when people actually read what they wrote.

4. All Fudds must proselytize. They cannot sit idly by in their man caves and polish the knobs of their bolt guns. Given time, every Fudd will have to share their warped opinions about hunting and the Second Amendment, either through a column or an interview. Most Fudds will out themselves. This, friends, is a good thing.

5. All Fudds are terrified of anything tactical. ARs scare them. AKs absolutely terrify them. That’s why they want semi-autos banned. They hate the fact that the AR is the most popular rifle in the country, and they will never, ever admit it has become “America’s Rifle.” To the Fuddites, the AR is just a passing fad. The same can be said for their gear and accessories. It’s easier to find a Bigfoot on a unicycle than a Fudd with a red dot on a handgun.:party29:

6. Most Fudds are old, white dudes. I’ve never met an African-American Fudd, a Hispanic Fudd, a young Fudd or a female Fudd. True Fudds are carryovers from a bygone age. Their numbers are dwindling and they know it. That’s why they’re trying so hard to win people over to their side.

7. Most well-known Fudds began as outdoor writers — not gun writers. They’re used to writing 150-inch stories about stalking some unique horned critter no one has ever heard of, in a country where no one will ever go. If they lower their standards to actually review a firearm, it’s either a bolt-action rifle or a revolver.

8. Fudds have no tactical sense or skills. For the Fuddites, there’s no better EDC handgun than a two-inch belly gun with a five loose rounds in their pocket, which also contains a few dollars in change. (Try loading a handful of dimes under stress, boys.)

9. All Fudds go to the range for one reason — to socialize with other Fudds. They shoot an average of 5-10 rounds per hour, run their sucks incessantly, hog busy lanes and are quick to criticize anyone who’s rifle doesn’t have a wooden stock, or who’s a female shooter.

10. All Fudds are whores when it comes to product reviews. Every rifle they review is the greatest rifle ever, until their next rifle review. Same-same for their handgun reviews. They talk about things like “stopping power” and “hit potential,” to avoid provable facts or anything of tactical interest. In truth, they operate as extensions of their magazine’s advertising department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom