• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't think they have ever got that far in any court arguments. They seem to focus on "Militia". I would think that those 4 words mean a alot, but I am not a Lawyer.

I'm not a lawyer either. Im an engineer. My layman's interpretation comes from the Heller decision which it seems they are dancing around. Sure lawyer guys correct me.

I saw the decision broke down as to the reading of it. The COMMA makes a difference. Separating the lead into subordinate to the operative; The second part of the amendment.

Corrector read:
    "Awell regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

Correct me if I am wrong. The militia arguments are irrelevant. People are.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'm not a lawyer and a lawyer may take a different opinion but a retired professor from USC was an acknowledged expert on English language usage was asked in the early 1990s to interpret the Second Amendment. Trying to distill down his analysis to basics...he stated the "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" was the main clause of the amendment and that the right to keep and bear arms is essential for maintaining militia. In other words...if there's no right to keep and bear arms...then there can be no militia.

As historically accepted...the Second Amendment assumes a pre-existing right to keep and bear arms...it's not granted by the Constitution...it's simply affirms it in writing.

Of course...this makes Liberal heads explode.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The CIA was not caught hacking Congress, though that is clearly the way Congress painted it and the way the media spun the story. The facts are the following:..
    The CIA's Office of Inspector General's full report is here and you can read it for yourselves. Final note: Respecting Separation of Powers, the CIA OIG did NOT investigate whether or not Democrat SSCI Staffers attempted to misuse CIA computers or attempt to leak sensitive classified information; they focused only on CIA Executive Branch actions in the incident.

Now as to your main comment on whether or not someone has something on Roberts, I have no idea, I just wanted to set the record straight on your example. I think you could have found a better use-case than that one.

That little gem was on a non-public network at the time, regardless of the press coverage and the claims of the CIA OIG. I'm still not at liberty to discuss the specifics, but the source WAS a security official in Congress. It struck me as troubling at the time; we had a mountain of Predeisional Deliberative material on our networks, and a Leftist moron as CIO... :innocent0

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hasn't turned into anything either way yet, its proceeding at the normal pace of the court.

If you expected something different, you didn't understand

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    If they find this moot, would that be something announced sooner vs ?maybe as late as June? If not moot?

Or are we stuck waiting until ?june? Either way? Moot or not?

They glacial speed of movement here sucks. Delay is victory for the anti 2a places.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Hasn't turned into anything either way yet, its proceeding at the normal pace of the court.

If you expected something different, you didn't understand

Yea, the court rarely moves quickly on anything. I do hope if it is mooted that it's done by a quick per curiam or simply as an order of the court. We really don't need a dissent on this slowing things down.
    Let's move on and pick one of the cases in SCOTUS purgatory.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If it if its moot we might not find out officially until June because I suspect Alito and some others will write a blistering dissent.

But they wont hold the half dozen cases which they are now holding, unless an opinion is coming (from a non-moot case).

So either we hear nothing, which means case is not moot, or we hear something after this Friday's conference, which means the case is moot.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    If it if its moot we might not find out officially until June because I suspect Alito and some others will write a blistering dissent.

But they wont hold the half dozen cases which they are now holding, unless an opinion is coming (from a non-moot case).

So either we hear nothing, which means case is not moot, or we hear something after this Friday's conference, which means the case is moot.

Agree, but the 1st tea leave could be Monday, if they grant Cert on one the 6 held cases. They’d do that if NYSRPA was dying...at least I hope so...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I found this very interesting (From the article Stoveman posted)

It was an interesting question from her. I think she’ll vote to moot, but yeah, it is an excellent question and point. Beyond that is the burden. “Go buy 2 guns if you actually want to protect yourself in your homes”. Granted, if you own two homes, a 2nd gun is probably within your means, but that really is beyond the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom