• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    So I went to SIG's website to price a barrel for my MCX and it asked me to enter my zip code, once I did it said "not available in your area". I tried multiple Maryland zip codes and they all say the same thing. I started checking other parts and it looks like AR uppers, stocks, anything considered "assault weapon" parts are "not available in your area".

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's funny that they're so legally conservative over those parts, but are the people that put out the pistol brace for the country. It's like turning down a beer because you say you drink responsibly while chugging fireball.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'm a little tired of them pushing a new model, then dropping it a couple months later. Then you can't get parts unless you send it back to the factory. Thanks, guys.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Don't order that stuff right from SIG anyways - you'll over pay. Order from Osage County Guns, or Top Gun Supply, or one of the other big houses who do a lot of SIG business. They keep better stock and the prices are generally lower anyways.

Osage: sigsauerguns.com
    Top Gun: (I ordered some P320 stuff from them and it showed up two days later) topgunsupply.com

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Don't order that stuff right from SIG anyways - you'll over pay. Order from Osage County Guns, or Top Gun Supply, or one of the other big houses who do a lot of SIG business. They keep better stock and the prices are generally lower anyways.

Osage: sigsauerguns.com
    Top Gun: (I ordered some P320 stuff from them and it showed up two days later) topgunsupply.com

Yeah they are my go-to as well, I just wanted to check prices. It's still a pretty shitty move on SIG's part.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It's still a pretty shitty move on SIG's part.

It is, but I look at that more as a case of "screw it we don't want to deal with your lunacy and maybe be liable" than SIG (or PSA, or anyone else like this) intentionally being jerks to MD gun owners. I do wish they'd educate themselves and change the policy, but I see why it is the way it is, too.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It is, but I look at that more as a case of "screw it we don't want to deal with your lunacy and maybe be liable" than SIG (or PSA, or anyone else like this) intentionally being jerks to MD gun owners. I do wish they'd educate themselves and change the policy, but I see why it is the way it is, too.

While I certainly understand not wishing to get tangled in MD politics, nevertheless I deplore - yes, strongly deplore - the limiting actions of those who profit from our patronage, yet are unwilling to act positively for us even when they would be operating within the law.

I call out PSA, who refuse to ship ammunition to Annapolis or MoCo even though it is legal, and the IP gun shop that refuses to sell C&R-eligible pistols to patrons without HQLs, even though the MD GA specifically permitted it.

Friends of the 2A community? Not in my eyes.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I received a response from SIG

Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer Customer Service!

In regards to your inquiry about your shipping limitations, sometimes, even when an item is not expressly prohibited by your local laws, indirectly associated laws or potential situations may prevent our legal department from enabling certain shipments. ALL such legal restrictions are very closely maintained by web store policies on our site. If an item is legal in your area, but restricted to be shipped directly through us, generall you can get with a local dealer and have them order it.

Sincere apologies for any resulting inconvenience.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    While I certainly understand not wishing to get tangled in MD politics, nevertheless I deplore - yes, strongly deplore - the limiting actions of those who profit from our patronage, yet are unwilling to act positively for us even when they would be operating within the law.

I call out PSA, who refuse to ship ammunition to Annapolis or MoCo even though it is legal, and the IP gun shop that refuses to sell C&R-eligible pistols to patrons without HQLs, even though the MD GA specifically permitted it.

Friends of the 2A community? Not in my eyes.

Don't forget Boyds stocks who won't well a thumbhole 10-22 stock to MD residents.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So I went to SIG's website to price a barrel for my MCX and it asked me to enter my zip code, once I did it said "not available in your area". I tried multiple Maryland zip codes and they all say the same thing. I started checking other parts and it looks like AR uppers, stocks, anything considered "assault weapon" parts are "not available in your area".

Many times its because of the magazines. I have tried to get them to remove the magazine or send me 10 round ones and they won't.

I personally cannot blame them. To do stuff like that drives up costs and the amount of volume done in MD is pretty minimal. Not sure about the other stuff. Maybe legal got involved and said forget it, not worth it. % of revenue vs. potential legal trouble = not worth the headache. They still ship to local shops and I'm guessing they are glad to not have to worry about legal trouble as the onus will be on the store.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I talked to SIG at the Great American Outdoors Show about this issue.

I was told there are certain parts they will not sell to certain states due to laws. Mainly things like flash suppressors.

There are also some parts that are only sold to SIG certified smiths.

I got the number of the head of Customer Service, I will PM to the OP to contact to see what is going on.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I talked to SIG at the Great American Outdoors Show about this issue.

I was told there are certain parts they will not sell to certain states due to laws. Mainly things like flash suppressors.

There are also some parts that are only sold to SIG certified smiths.

I got the number of the head of Customer Service, I will PM to the OP to contact to see what is going on.

I believe the rep you spoke to is misinformed, they wouldn't even sell me a stock. I thought SIG was better than this.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Flash hider

It's funny that they're so legally conservative over those parts, but are the people that put out the pistol brace for the country. It's like turning down a beer because you say you drink responsibly while chugging fireball.

Weren’t they the ones who had that monocore like flash hider for sale and they got their pee pees smacked by ATF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom