Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Response I received from Delegate Wendell Beitzel - 1A

Disgraceful - I will be crafting a reply once my BP lowers. Not protected under the 2A my Ass.

Mr. Folk,

I appreciate you reaching out to the office of Delegate Beitzel regarding HB 888. Below is a response prepared by Delegate Beitzel

"Automatic firearms manufactured after May 19th 1986 are illegal for private citizens to possess. A bump stock enables weapons to fire at nearly the rate of automatic weapons without technically converting it to a fully automatic weapon. I have been hunting ever since I was old enough to carry a gun. I served in the Army during the Vietnam War. Until this horrific insane shooting in Las Vegas I never heard of a Bump Stock. The bump stock essentially makes certain type of firearms almost the same as an automatic weapon. Automatic weapons are already illegal for ordinary citizens to possess. Bump stocks are accessories not firearms. They are not a 2nd amendment right to own. The bill has a provision that allows someone who currently owns one to apply to the federal authorities to register to possess, therefore I supported the bump stock ban".

Thank you again for bringing your concern to his attention.

Best,

Chris Lokey
    Legislative Assistant
    Ex. 7408 Rm 309 Del. Wendell Beitzel
    District 1A – Allegany & Garrett Counties
    410-841-3435 or 301-858-3435

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s not that stupid, he just gave away more of your rights to advance himself in politics

Ask that moron how to apply and get approved from the atf for something they don’t regulate

Wtf is going on

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    He’s not that stupid, he just gave away more of your rights to advance himself in politics

Ask that moron how to apply and get approved from the atf for something they don’t regulate

Wtf is going on

Don’t worry. I see Del Beitzel on a weekly basis. Unfortunately for him, Garrett County isn’t that big. It’s just disgusting. At least Sen. Edwards had the stomach to vote against the Senate Bill. And Del McKay of Allegany County voted against it.

Edited. Del Buckel of Allegany County has been moved to traitor status for voting for the bill.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The bill has a provision that allows someone who currently owns one to apply to the federal authorities to register to possess.

I hope someone would be kind enough to give instructions on the above. Though I do wonder if registering something like that is worth further scrutiny it may open.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    th

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I hope someone would be kind enough to give instructions on the above. Though I do wonder if registering something like that is worth further scrutiny it may open.

It’s an anti ruse

They know we can’t register these things but they give us an extra year to do and when the times up they will say “ we had no idea but since they can’t be registered and you can’t posses them you must turn them in, and they may well even have a list of morons who tried registering them so the MSP can pay them a visit first.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Wtf is going on

The word has gone out from DC that it's now OK to infringe until all grabber's hearts are content.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016

Since my Del voted for it. I asked him how to go about the process. I figured for someone was enlightened enough to vote for it, surely they would know the process as to how to remain law abiding before the infringement is to occur.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I don't see how folks are going to register a piece of molded black plastic that has no serial number.

The grabbers are telling folks to do what the grabbers know can't be done.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I don't see how folks are going to register a piece of molded black plastic that has no serial number.

The grabbers are telling folks to do what the grabbers know can't be done.

Other states have magazine registrations, mine have no serial numbers. Engraving is not future technology, lol

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Other states have magazine registrations, mine have no serial numbers. Engraving is not future technology, lol

Maybe they'll have folks spend more money on little metal plates, engraving/stamping services, and rivets/screws.

I'm so glad the Republican Trifecta Machine is protecting our Second Amendment rights.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Maybe they'll have folks spend more money on little metal plates, engraving/stamping services, and rivets/screws.

I so glad the Republican Trifecta Machine is protecting our Second Amendment rights.

That's exactly what I had to do with home built aircraft. Maybe guys that build cars do that as well. The point I keep reading that bumpstocks etc. are not serialized as if that is a problem for the scheme they've devised, just doesn't make 2A people look too bright. Comes off like an excuse my boy would have made when he was ~7

The FAA assigned me a registration number to be applied to my toy drones. Not sure it that is still required.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That's exactly what I had to do with home built aircraft. Maybe guys that build cars do that as well. The point I keep reading that bumpstocks etc. are not serialized as if that is a problem for the scheme they've devised, just doesn't make 2A people look too bright. Comes off like an excuse my boy would have made when he was ~7

Even serialized what’s the process to register them with the atf?

There is none.

So how do you register them?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

There is none.

The bill does not say "register" them. It says apply for and receive approval. Strictly speaking, the ATF does not even "authorize" you. You apply for and pay taxes, and the devices are serialized to match with tax records. remember, NFA is about taxes not authorization.

There is no legal definition of "apply." It simply means make a formal request. If these are NFA items come Oct 1, apply for a stamp per requirements. If not, "Dear ATF, can I have it Tax free." ATF: yes.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

There is none.

It's another Maryland gun law not in sync with Federal procedures. Like Dumais and her Black Powder deal, she wants NICS checks for them but they won't do that. The spirit of the law is to grandfather. If the conditions they lay out to register or approval with the Feds is not possible, I can't see that as some loophole for the state to deny grandfathering. It may be a blessing and another F up they passed. I think down the road we need to see what Feds do, and their grandfathering or not.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

The FAA assigned me a registration number to be applied to my toy drones. Not sure it that is still required.

Cars and airplanes aren't in the Constitution.
    How in the hell would that ever work with either bumpstocks or magazines? There is no way the ATF would be able to issue serial numbers and not totally fvck that up.
    The problem with the scheme they devised is that it's unconstitutional.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It’s an anti ruse

They know we can’t register these things but they give us an extra year to do and when the times up they will say “ we had no idea but since they can’t be registered and you can’t posses them you must turn them in, and they may well even have a list of morons who tried registering them so the MSP can pay them a visit first.

When I emailed my rep to talk about that very thing, he basically said "Well, we heard that Trump was telling the ATF to figure out how to regulate these, so by the time the law goes in to effect they'll have that figured out."

Right.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Trump, with his big mouth on bump stocks and seizing firearms without due process, gave these folks plenty of cover. Instead of arguing stupidity/ignorance like one legislator, the "I served and consider a bump stock converting a semiautomatic to a machine gun" argument, or the "I'm craven and think I would have lost the election so wouldn't be able to protect your other 2A rights (because I've shown myself to be such a stalwart defender of them - sarcasm)" arguments - this is the spin that our part time 2A defenders, that voted to give away rights, should take. That the President suggested these remedies ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom