Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    So bummed I missed this sale.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Got mine today, looks to be excellent condition. Little oil and a new edge and she's a keeper.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Nuthin, not even a tracking number:sad20:

Odd, I ordered mine on the same day as you but later in the day( I remember reading your post about shipping ) and mine showed up today.

There is a slight bit of rusty discoloration on the tip of mine as well as around the guard. Other than that it's in very good shape. Only problem I've seen is a personal one: the AR that has the lug on it also has a birdcage the ring won't fit over.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Not in spam or junk mail, but I ordered additional items, so it may arrive tomorrow. Congratulations to the folk who got minimal rusting bayonets.

Q

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    There is a slight bit of rusty discoloration on the tip of mine as well as around the guard. Other than that it's in very good shape. Only problem I've seen is a personal one: the AR that has the lug on it also has a birdcage the ring won't fit over.

Bummer about the birdcage. I know from past experience that they won’t fit right on carbine gas systems unless the barrel less than 16”. They seem to fit nice on mid-length 16” barrel and rifle length gas 20” barrel though.

My rifle length Colt lacks a bayonet lug though which blows. It’s one of the LE trades from Lou45 that came from a max security prison in Washington State, so still much awesomeness.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Put the bayonet in the sheath and it immediately scratched the he'll out of the blade coating. Did I just screw up or does that happen often?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Put the bayonet in the sheath and it immediately scratched the he'll out of the blade coating. Did I just screw up or does that happen often?

I noticed that with mine also, lines running the length of the blade. I just finished wiping mine with an oil soaked rag and cleaning the 'rust' with a nylon scrubby then wiping it down with oil again. It looks pretty good now.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    This is likely the best knife I've ever gotten for $25 shipped. And nobody mentioned that they've never been used. Just some light rust from damp storage.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Got mine a couple days ago, light rust on the mount and blade that wiped off with a little penetrating oil and yes the scabbard will scratch blade which was sharp as hell, thank for the lead OP.

AirCav73

Mar 19, 2011
    North Carolina
    Received mine today. I ordered 3 and first one was perfect , the second with very slight surface rust on blade and the third one had rust on mounting ring and blade. All were in original boxes and packing. Thanks for the "heads up" on this great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom