• ...and so much more!
  • TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    (UPDATED 1/16/13)

Here we go everyone:

HB 107
    Delegate Gutierrez, et al
    FIREARMS – DETACHABLE MAGAZINES – MAXIMUM CAPACITY FOR AMMUNITION

Reducing to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of a detachable magazine for a firearm that can be manufactured, sold, offered for sale, purchased, received, or transferred; and reducing to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of a magazine which, when used by a person in the commission of a felony or a crime of violence, results in that person being guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to specified penalties.
    EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2013
    CR, §§ 4-305 and 4-306 - amended
    Assigned to: Judiciary

Source: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?id=hb0107&stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2013RS

As of this writing, it has not been crossfiled in the senate.

Time to start making calls and writing letters everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE LISTEN TO BOONDOCK SAINT:

Get in touch with the entire House regarding this bill. Emails and phone calls, stat. Don't let up.

Email tool - http://associatedgunclubs.org/pages/legislative_email_system/mail_to_jud.php (BDS - I changed this to the AGC link to email the House Judiciary current members)

Phone numbers - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=100704

------------------------------------------------------------------

While we don't agree with this bill, let's stick to logic, law, reason and our Constitution. We will fight this within the parameters of the system and we should not take swings below the belt. Remember - it has been documented and proven that our legislators have absolutely read this forum before - both pro and anti. We should at least be respectful, even if we don't agree.

Thank you all for your support and help!

Last edited:

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    So purchasing and selling is reduced to 10 from 20. And they added the additional criminal charge for a person committing a crime. However they didn't..........nevermind. Nothing to see here. Still a BS law and won't accomplish anything. David Gregory proved that.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    As mag bans go, I'll take it. But, in reality, this is probably not what Frosh/Raskin/MOM is after.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    As mag bans go, I'll take it.

We should never, EVER give an inch. Period. We need to be active and flood our legislators and the House Judiciary Committee against this bill. I realize this is an uphill fight, but we can't back down at all and we have to stick together!

06z51

Jan 15, 2013
    The washington post has had an article a day for the lsat week. Just when I thought the national AWB might die on the vine.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    This bad. Even though it doesn't call for confiscation, think of how this effects handgun sales. Now we can only buy guns that come with 10 red mags. BS.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    What the hell is the last part of the bill mean? If you commit a FELONY with a magazine capacity over 10 then you commit an additional MISDEMEANOR ? WTF is this?
    So if I want to rob a bank i better use a single stack 1911 so I don't commit a misdemeanor in addition to the FELONY!!

Arcticwolf

Certified Brute
    May 28, 2008
    Here we go everyone:

HB 107

Reducing to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of a detachable magazine for a firearm that can be manufactured, sold, offered for sale, purchased, received, or transferred; and reducing to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of a magazine which, when used by a person in the commission of a felony or a crime of violence, results in that person being guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to specified penalties.

Source: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-house-synopsis.pdf (probably only good for the day of this posting)

Sooooo its already illegal to kill people....and wtf does it matter if they add an extra charge most of these loons commit suicide and never get charged anyway.

Mr H

Banana'd
    What the hell is the last part of the bill mean? If you commit a FELONY with a magazine capacity over 10 then you commit an additional MISDEMEANOR ? WTF is this?
    So if I want to rob a bank i better use a single stack 1911 so I don't commit a misdemeanor in addition to the FELONY!!

Actually, the way it's worded, it could be that you are automatically GUILTY of a MISD without due process.

But, it's not the full text, so we'll need to hold on for a bit.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Sooooo its already illegal to kill people....and wtf does it matter if they add an extra charge most of these loons commit suicide and never get charged anyway.

These smaller charges always merge or get dropped anyhow. The big one or two stick. These lesser charges are smoke and mirrors.

How many feel safer on the roadway or see less folks distracted driving now that the texting ban is a primary offense?

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Here we go everyone:

HB 107

Source: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-house-synopsis.pdf (probably only good for the day of this posting)

Does that mean there is already and extra penalty when you use a 20rd magazine in a crime now? So your saying if I shoot you, I don't get the extra penalty as long as I only use a 10rd magazine? Because after committing a felony, the last thing I want to do is commit such a heinous misdemeanor.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.

LMAO !:lol2:

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    We should never, EVER give an inch. Period. We need to be active and flood our legislators and the House Judiciary Committee against this bill. I realize this is an uphill fight, but we can't back down at all and we have to stick together!

I agree with you but if we stonewall too hard, "fence sitter" legislators might get fed up with us and go the other way. Lesser of two evils might be the only way out. A poisonous line of thinking but....

Mr H

Banana'd
    I agree with you but if we stonewall too hard, "fence sitter" legislators might get fed up with us and go the other way. Lesser of two evils might be the only way out. A poisonous line of thinking but....

I understand your concerns...

but...

It's all about how you word your letters, and phrase your position (whether in writing or :::GASP::: at the committee hearings)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom