• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    So Im in the market for a safe and see quite a few black friday deals. Im in an interesting situation where I am moving on the 1st of december so buying a safe now and having to move it to the new house is very silly. Is it likely that a decent amount of these deals will last throughout the holidays? Also does anyone have any recommendations on good budget safes (24 gun preferred)?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I would think you could buy now and delay delivery until after you move. Of course, if a lower price appears after purchase, you're stuck with what you already bought.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    I would think you could buy now and delay delivery until after you move. Of course, if a lower price appears after purchase, you're stuck with what you already bought.

I see what you mean. Im not sure if delayed shipping is an option id have to call for something like that I suppose.

I think steelwater is a decent safe for the money.
    I'd steer far away from stackon

Just took a look at the steelwater. They seem to be very nice for the price ! Thanks for the recommendation.

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Consider a Snapsafe. Nice Modular safe that is easy to move and assemble in even the tightest of spaces that would not allow you to move a conventional safe into the same area.

https://www.snapsafe.com/

Another American made modular safe is Zanotti Armor

http://zanottiarmor.com/

I move more than the average person. After dealing with the stress moving full size safes can cause I decided to try a modular safe. I picked up a zanotti and I love it. Very well made.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Consider a Snapsafe. Nice Modular safe that is easy to move and assemble in even the tightest of spaces that would not allow you to move a conventional safe into the same area.

https://www.snapsafe.com/

Another American made modular safe is Zanotti Armor

http://zanottiarmor.com/

Im assuming the modular safe can be fully taken apart for moving purposes? If so that might not be a bad idea. Ill take a look at the links thank you.

I move more than the average person. After dealing with the stress moving full size safes can cause I decided to try a modular safe. I picked up a zanotti and I love it. Very well made.

That is a concern of mine. I read somewhere that some conventional safes you can remove the door to move it, not sure how true this is. Do you find that the modular safe is less of a value for the price or does it offer the same amount of storage and protection for the money?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I read somewhere that some conventional safes you can remove the door to move it, not sure how true this is.

The doors on two of my three safes can be removed. They are heavy. The safe mover for my first was teaching his millennial son the business. The door was open and he was removing the pallet that was bolted to the floor. He was told not to get out without controlling the door and then went and did that. Safe tipped over and door came off. Luckily minimal damage to the safe, just paint scratches. However it was a pain in the ass to put the door on. It’s so heavy it was hard to line up the pins. Safe was easy to move though with the door off.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    The doors on two of my three safes can be removed. They are heavy. The safe mover for my first was teaching his millennial son the business. The door was open and he was removing the pallet that was bolted to the floor. He was told not to get out without controlling the door and then went and did that. Safe tipped over and door came off. Luckily minimal damage to the safe, just paint scratches. However it was a pain in the ass to put the door on. It’s so heavy it was hard to line up the pins. Safe was easy to move though with the door off.

Lol dang that must have been embarrassing as hell. What was your reaction when that happened ? I imagine removing the door makes it much more manageable. If I were to hire people to move it for me whats the going rate for something like that?

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    That is a concern of mine. I read somewhere that some conventional safes you can remove the door to move it, not sure how true this is. Do you find that the modular safe is less of a value for the price or does it offer the same amount of storage and protection for the money?

I owned a sturdysafe before the Z. I feel they are very comparable in terms of quality and protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom