• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    That's the place! No...don't know the family. My first wife grew up a couple of blocks away...bordering the high school. That was back in the 1980s and when I first found out about the gun show at the Farm Center...it's been an annual tradition for me and a few friends ever since...the tradition long outlasted the marriage! She and her dad and I would eat at the Peachtree and then my buddies and I would take him to lunch every year when we went to the gun show until he passed away. Now we go there for the breasted chicken and awesome onion rings.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Back in the day, Harrisburg was the biggest & the best Gun Show I've ever been to...

I think they had 2000 tables at one point...

WOW great memories..!

Can we Make America that Great again..?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Crossing this one off the list,

Bummer. I didn't make it up there this weekend. I usually go up there for the one's in spring and late summer and usually find something I didn't need or want would follow me home.

I'm usually looking at the C&R stuff. I wouldn't drive the hour and a half just for std capacity mag's though.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I was there yesterday...getting better as far as number of vendors but still too many selling jewelry, pickles and jerky. I get the promoters need to rent tables which keeps helps keep the show profitable. I saw many, many nice guns I would love to own but prices were too expensive to even try and negotiate. Lots of M1 Carbines, 1903 and M1 rifles...even all the Carbines were over $1k asking prices...absurd...they're not rare.

It was an enjoyable day and not detrimental to my wallet as it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom