gunsmith recommendations within an hour of annapolis?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soco

May 21, 2012
    Gents:

I have an old marlin 55 bolt action 12 gauge that my grandfather left me. I don't really have much use for it as a bird gun, but it would make a passable slug gun. I wouldn't mind doing a side mount or cantilever mount for a low powered optic.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a shop to drill and tap the barrel or receiver? Also to possibly help with recommendations on which mounting system would suit me best?

I know its sort of a small job, and I feel like some smiths might not have the time to deal with some schmuck with a $50 gun from the 70's.

Thanks!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Scotts Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie do excellent work and are an industry partner here. They tend to be backloged so inquire about wait time.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I work at Scotts most Tues and weds. Open Tues through Fri 10 to 6, Sat 9 to 5. FYI, come at leat 1/2 hour before close if you think you would like to look around. We lock up all the firearms every evening. Scott will often take a quick look to see any likely issues (if he isnt too buried in work that day) to try to give you an idea of likely issues. But we are backlogged...sometimes up to 2 months and parts for old guns can be difficult to find sometimes. You could also call the store just to be sure that can be done with that gun (Scott can sometime do magic that most cannot with putting mounts on old guns. If he can' t, I doubt you'll fine someone who can.) We're at 231 Thelma Ave Glen Burnie. 410 761 9815

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom