• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I searched and haven't found much user experience or feedback on this here.

I just bought one for carry, haven't even picked it up yet, and I'm having a little bit of buyer's remorse. I always go with Glock because I own a couple of them and I'm intimately familiar with the system. Yes I realize there are newer designs out there but I'm happy carrying something adequate that I'm very familiar with.

I currently have a 43 which I find just a tad bit too small for my large hands, so I decided to try 48. I thought about the 43x, and the grip length being the hardest thing to conceal unless you're doing shoulder carry, didn't see a reason not to get the 48 for some extra sight radius and velocity.

That, and now I'm reading online that the slide finish (fake stainless) is having wear issues and rubbing off.

I realize you can't believe everything you say on the internet, but I'm thinking I'm silly and perhaps should have bought a Glock 26. Anyone carry or run a 48? Experiences?

Last edited:

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland

I had the same problem with the 43. Couldn't leave my little finger on the grip and do a mag change so I bought a 43X. Love it and in my opinion less recoil than the P365 I also bought.(Since sold). I have ordered a 48 under blue label since it came to $385. I plan to use it when the weather is colder. Probably didn't need it but that's not stopped me before.

I searched and haven't found much user experience or feedback on this here.

I just bought one for carry, haven't even picked it up yet, and I'm having a little bit of buyer's remorse. I always go with Glock because I own a couple of them and I'm intimately familiar with the system. Yes I realize there are newer designs out there but I'm happy carrying something adequate that I'm very familiar with.

I currently have a 43 which I find just a tad bit too small for my large hands, so I decided to try 48. I thought about the 43x, and the grip length being the hardest thing to conceal unless you're doing shoulder carry, didn't see a reason not to get the 48 for some extra sight radius and velocity.

That, and now I'm reading online that the is having wear and rubbing off.

I realize you can't believe everything you say on the internet, but I'm thinking I'm silly and perhaps should have bought a Glock 26. Anyone carry or run a 48? Experiences?

Kair350

"Send Me"
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2016
    Harford County MD
    I found the Glock 43 too small for my large hands. I have a Glock 26 and 48, both of which feel better in large hands. My only regret with the Glock 48 is I wish I had waited for the black slide.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I found the Glock 43 too small for my large hands. I have a Glock 26 and 48, both of which feel better in large hands. My only regret with the Glock 48 is I wish I had waited for the black slide.

I agree. my 43x is not in black and my other glocks don't like her. Ordered the 48 in black.

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    The is wearing off...

I just ordered an all black Glock 48 for my wife. I think the "wearing off" is referring to the mag release and possibly the slide lock. I have read a few complaints that the black coloring wears off easily revealing the silver color underneath. The dimensions appear to be very similar to my Glock 19 but a bit more narrow. She's coming to the end of her waiting period now, and will be picking it up this week. I'm anxious to see how it feels at the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom