• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Amazon has the scope with QD rings and lens caps for $59.95. It must be a sale price they normally sell for around $90. I just ordered one for my 10/22. It has a 4.3 rating with 2099 reviews. :thumbsup:

Yep. That's where I got mine. Supposed to be overnight delivery but it took two days.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I got my Kidd auto bolt release swapped over to the BX trigger and the BX is installed in the rifle now. Holy cow. I don't have a trigger gauge, but I would be willing to bet that it's a little less than 3#. Very, very nice trigger for the money. I can't wait to go shoot this rifle again!

View attachment 247162

Does your rifle hold zero after you remove then reattach the barrel?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hawkeye, you inspired me with this thread to get out my 10/22 takedown and buy one of those Bug Buster scopes for it. Seems like a really nice scope for the money. Now I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I like that it fits in the carry bag (just barely) with the scope attached.

Nice! You'll love it. It's the perfect scope for this rifle, and it's a great deal for the money. The length thing is exactly why I bought mine - it fits in the carry bag while still mounted.

Amazon has the scope with QD rings and lens caps for $59.95. It must be a sale price they normally sell for around $90. I just ordered one for my 10/22. It has a 4.3 rating with 2099 reviews. :thumbsup:

That's a good deal. I think I paid a smidge more for mine a year or two ago.

Does your rifle hold zero after you remove then reattach the barrel?

Yes, it does. The trick with these is that you have to adjust the locking collar way tighter than Ruger says to. I basically adjusted it tight enough that you couldn't reassemble the rifle any more, and then backed it off click by click until the barrel assembly would just twist in to place.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I picked up my 10/22 clone from a member on here. Its actually a Thompson TCR/22. Its got a built in rail, drilled for easier cleaning, threaded barrel, Magpul designed stock, hi vis sights (in case you didnt want glass) nice charging handle and will accept most 10/22 parts including barrels. I chose the actual Magpul X22 stock in FDE and put my Redfield glass on it and the Caldwell bipod.
    Love this thing!
    860476eea41b8d5d76895d8eb2311b2f.jpg

f111957db28f5c80dfd95403a0b34645.jpg

8b7fa2b28840494cf24f38a58abfe1dc.jpg

I think in the case the clone is better!!

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    T/CR22

Wow! I wish I knew about the T/CR22 last year before I bought a Ruger 10/22. I just read this review: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/02/review-thompson-center-tcr22/

Have you encountered any problem with rust or the front sight being canted as the writer described? How do you like the open sights?

I shot the 10/22 on Wednesday and it was fun. I thought about changing the stock and adding aperture sights. But now maybe I'll just sell it and get a T/CR22.

I picked up my 10/22 clone from a member on here. Its actually a Thompson TCR/22. Its got a built in rail, drilled for easier cleaning, threaded barrel, Magpul designed stock, hi vis sights (in case you didnt want glass) nice charging handle and will accept most 10/22 parts including barrels. I chose the actual Magpul X22 stock in FDE and put my Redfield glass on it and the Caldwell bipod.
    Love this thing!

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I havent had a chance to use the factory sights actually, just the scope. I see zero rust issues, but I also believe in wiping things down with a oiled rag or rem oil occasionally. So far, its a great gun. I do NOT like the factory magazine, which has a"last round hold open" feature. It doesnt drop free easily when empty, but all my factory Ruger mags drop and work great.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    My wife and I love our 10/22s, however semi's are no-no's for the Scout Shooting program.

We also love our Ruger bolt-action 10/22's , aka our Ruger American Rimfires. Uses 10/22 mags, has the interchangeable stock pieces (being able to easily change the LOP is great for the aforementioned Scouts), and are just as accurate as our 10/22's.

I have a set of Tech-Sights for the 10/22 that I haven't installed yet.....think M-1 style military sights.
    d15c9e88207852583143ca435eb05738.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    My wife and I love our 10/22s, however semi's are no-no's for the Scout Shooting program.

We also love our Ruger bolt-action 10/22's , aka our Ruger American Rimfires. Uses 10/22 mags, has the interchangeable stock pieces (being able to easily change the LOP is great for the aforementioned Scouts), and are just as accurate as our 10/22's.

I have a set of Tech-Sights for the 10/22 that I haven't installed yet.....think M-1 style military sights.
    d15c9e88207852583143ca435eb05738.jpg

Just put some on my Take-Down. Be careful with the front site, it may be tough, and require heat.

Q

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Love this thing!

I just bought this one as well as a suppressor host. Pretty nice little rifle. Ill shoot mine tonight. Seems to be an upgrade on the 10/22. Not crazy about the factory Magpul stock though.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I just bought this one as well as a suppressor host. Pretty nice little rifle. Ill shoot mine tonight. Seems to be an upgrade on the 10/22. Not crazy about the factory Magpul stock though.

It definitely has a lot going for it. A plus or a negative, depending how you see it, is the receiver. The rail is built in, so you cant do a bullpup conversion or anything else that goes around the receiver. That being said, there are also no screw holes on top mine if I recall as the rail is integrated. The factory Magpul designed stock is OK, but, I wanted a longer LOP, so I found a smokin deal on a used Magpul hunter stock. The had used it as a mould for pouring his own stock and it had clay residue all over it. A few minutes with a wirewheel and light pressure and its NICE. Id LIKE a biggger scope, but, my next order of things is a supressor if ever we dont need a stamp.

JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    That's good to know about the T/C magazines. I already have an investment in Ruger magazines so I'd probably live with the bolt staying closed.

If you'd like to show it off, then I would love to see how it shoots.

I havent had a chance to use the factory sights actually, just the scope. I see zero rust issues, but I also believe in wiping things down with a oiled rag or rem oil occasionally. So far, its a great gun. I do NOT like the factory magazine, which has a"last round hold open" feature. It doesnt drop free easily when empty, but all my factory Ruger mags drop and work great.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yeah, I like my 10/22 too, too, too, too. Been thinking about getting a complete Volquartsen rifle in .22WMR or .17 WSM for years and years now. Just need to plant another money tree.

Here is a target from yesterday at 50 yards with 98 rounds put into it. Rifle is a Ruger 10/22 with a Green Mountain bull barrel, Volquartsen fire control, Burris Fullfield 3-9x, Harris bipod, and Hogue overmolded stock.

Rifle was zeroed a decade or more ago for 100 yards. I should probably tweak the scope a little to the right though.

Attachments

• MdShooters188.jpg
      MdShooters188.jpg
      125.6 KB · Views: 295
    • MdShooters189.jpg
      MdShooters189.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 324

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    It definitely has a lot going for it. A plus or a negative, depending how you see it, is the receiver. The rail is built in, so you cant do a bullpup conversion or anything else that goes around the receiver. That being said, there are also no screw holes on top mine if I recall as the rail is integrated. The factory Magpul designed stock is OK, but, I wanted a longer LOP, so I found a smokin deal on a used Magpul hunter stock. The had used it as a mould for pouring his own stock and it had clay residue all over it. A few minutes with a wirewheel and light pressure and its NICE. Id LIKE a biggger scope, but, my next order of things is a supressor if ever we dont need a stamp.

I sort of want to put mine in a standard wood 10/22 stock. Not sure why.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Are you going to keep the iron sights? If so, its got a several inch long sight radius and gorgeously bright fiber optic. While I appreciate wood, I love the composite stock, and am a self Admited Magpul junkie

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Are you going to keep the iron sights? If so, its got a several inch long sight radius and gorgeously bright fiber optic. While I appreciate wood, I love the composite stock, and am a self Admited Magpul junkie

I will keep the irons for sure. I don’t want a scope
    On it.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I will keep the irons for sure. I don’t want a scope
    On it.
    The Tech-Sights shown in Post 30 are a really nice "irons" option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom