• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hi, I’m thinking about building AR9 pistol with Glock magazine. Reading this thread, looks like there is no established option? Aero did not release their pc lowers. Other suggestions were FM-9 and Spartan, both not without flaws as I understand?

Did anybody build reliable AR9? I’d like to buy a stripped lower and start from it, but cannot choose a lower that most people like. Especially today, when everything is out of stock. At this moment there is only FM9 Build Kit available for $300+

I would strongly recommend the CMMG radial delayed blowback system. Much softer shooting than the direct blowback guns.

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    I built mine using QC10 parts (lower, upper, barrel, and bolt). I was concerned reading other folks troubles when piecing together their PCC using parts from different manufacturers. They always seemed to have issues.

Someone might be able to answer if the 9mm Glock mag PCCs have standardized on parts uniformity like an AR-15. I don’t know.

My QC10 has ran flawlessly. Magpul and Glock mags run great. Doesn’t seem to lock back reliably with an empty Magpul mag unless you just fired last round.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I built mine using QC10 parts (lower, upper, barrel, and bolt). I was concerned reading other folks troubles when piecing together their PCC using parts from different manufacturers. They always seemed to have issues.

Someone might be able to answer if the 9mm Glock mag PCCs have standardized on parts uniformity like an AR-15. I don’t know.

My QC10 has ran flawlessly. Magpul and Glock mags run great. Doesn’t seem to lock back reliably with an empty Magpul mag unless you just fired last round.

I will second Quarter Circle 10. All of my Glock lowers are from QC10 and I have two of their .40 S&W BCGs. I have found they run better with heavier than normal buffers. I have one side charging upper, but that is money I regret spending. Ballistic Advantage barrels in .40 S&W and 9mm have worked well and the only place I found a .357 SIG barrel was from QC10. All of my barrels are 16" so that I can run any stock I want. I prefer linear comps over traditional flash hiders at the end of the barrels. Otherwise, they are about as easy to assemble as any other AR and take standard parts. With a red dot, 150 yards minute of torso is routine shooting. 31 round .40 S&W magazines make them pretty useful as well.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I built a pistol with the CMMG RDB barrel/BCG combo they sell. Why are people calling pistols PCCs? Carbines are shortened rifles. Pistols are pistols.

MEAN will ship their mags to MD as they come in a 10 round configuration from the factory. You have to modify them to make them 30 rounders, which is illegal in MD but can be done in a neighbor state with a pair of snips in about 30 seconds. Mine has been flawless and the MEAN mags are pretty resonable in price.

As for the direct blowback and the RDB I could not see much difference as they are both really soft shooting. Double taps may have been slightly tighter with the CMMG set up. Foxtrot Mikes has low cost 9mm uppers that are decent. I have one and it's a good shooter, works with Glock lowers or AR lowers and the MEAN mags for 9mm bolts, MEAN makes two kinds.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    I would strongly recommend the CMMG radial delayed blowback system. Much softer shooting than the direct blowback guns.
    I was planning to build an ar9, and use the radial delayed blowback system. Ended up getting an absolute steal on an angstadt arms ar9. Kind of regret not getting the cmmg system. Thought about replacing it with the cmmg system but I'd need to replace the barrel and bolt, correct?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I was planning to build an ar9, and use the radial delayed blowback system. Ended up getting an absolute steal on an angstadt arms ar9. Kind of regret not getting the cmmg system. Thought about replacing it with the cmmg system but I'd need to replace the barrel and bolt, correct?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If the Angstadt Arms takes Glock mags, should just be BCG/barrel swap. You’ll most likely want to put in a lighter buffer and maybe spring. The BCG/barrel combo can be found for under $330 if you look around.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i recently 'built' an ar-9 sbr using a zr lower and aero slickside upper. zr also has an 80% option.

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/zr9-billet-9mm-lower-80-pcc/

mine would not work with jp's short stroke bolt and buffer but when i put in their regular bolt and buffer it's been perfect.

strongly recommend just forking over the cash for a jp gmr 13 or 15. jp knows what they're doing. you pay for it, but they run and run.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    i recently 'built' an ar-9 sbr using a zr lower and aero slickside upper. zr also has an 80% option.

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/zr9-billet-9mm-lower-80-pcc/

mine would not work with jp's short stroke bolt and buffer but when i put in their regular bolt and buffer it's been perfect.

strongly recommend just forking over the cash for a jp gmr 13 or 15. jp knows what they're doing. you pay for it, but they run and run.

I'm definitely just saving up for a jp next year. I've never heard one bad thing about them in years of competition.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The CMMG RDB setup does not always work with random Glock mag lowers, it's somewhat sensitive to magazine height. I'd suggest using the appropriate MEAN Arms mag conversion in a normal lower instead. It's also a lot easier to manage with your normal rifle rig, which is a nice bonus. (Downside is you can't use all those awesome extended Glock mags.)

I have been messing with the Taccom ESSB+DBRS setup, and I'm not quite ready to recommend it yet, but it's an interesting approach to the problem. I might have a better sense for it after another range session. The recoil is much more AR-like (sharper), which has its pluses and minuses, but the sight movement is VERY consistent and minimal. Shockingly so.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The CMMG RDB setup does not always work with random Glock mag lowers, it's somewhat sensitive to magazine height. I'd suggest using the appropriate MEAN Arms mag conversion in a normal lower instead. It's also a lot easier to manage with your normal rifle rig, which is a nice bonus. (Downside is you can't use all those awesome extended Glock mags.)

I have been messing with the Taccom ESSB+DBRS setup, and I'm not quite ready to recommend it yet, but it's an interesting approach to the problem. I might have a better sense for it after another range session. The recoil is much more AR-like (sharper), which has its pluses and minuses, but the sight movement is VERY consistent and minimal. Shockingly so.

Looking forward to your review of the Taccom systems.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I ended up using a Foxtrot Mike lower receiver and Foxtrot Mike 7" upper. It functions perfectly with FMJ ammo. Not so well with hollow points. I did have to replace the firing pin as I was getting pierced primers (rough edge). Foxtrot Mike sent me a couple extras.

[EDIT] Last round bolt hold open also works perfectly.

This upper: https://www.primaryarms.com/foxtrot...tra-light-complete-upper-pa-exclusive-tri-lug

This lower: https://www.primaryarms.com/foxtrot...e-fm9-premium-9mm-lower-receiver-fm9-lwr-prer

For triggers, either use a standard MILSPEC trigger (group recommended), or if you use a cartridge trigger, you have to use one designed for an AR 9 (supposedly has a different hammer configuration).

That being said; I have read a lot of great things about QC10 and a lot of folks love the CMMG RDB.

They are a hoot to shoot. A lot less blast from a pistol round.

Last edited:

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

I have heard the same from many people and I am content with just using the CMMG mag conversion kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom