• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    I called one of the guys in charge of the Show Committee for MACA.

He said unless the state forces them to cancel the show they're still having it.

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning on not going now because of the Coronavirus? Not looking for an argument or debate but I am curious what everyone thinks as far as how patronage might being impacted.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I thought a lot of the big buyers that attend are from Europe. Sure, you can set up and have stuff on display, but if you don’t have any buyers - is it worth the time?

I WAS unable to attend, but now I can as my job in DC was postponed due to Coronavirus concern.
    I will certainly keep my eye out for any updates.

ww2

Nov 21, 2014
    It's official. The Balt. Antique Arms site just announced that it's cancelled. The Fairground site also said so earlier along with all other shows for the time being

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I would normally be bummed but in retrospect this is probably a good thing. I was worried that a show with little turnout by attendees and vendors would be a financial disaster for MACA. This just might have a silver lining after all. I'll let the lawyers among us step up to explain if it's possible to write a contract that would force MACA to pay the Fairgrounds for an event that the government has banned.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Now I'm wondering about my second favorite function: gun auctions. Redding has two this weekend and I was going to attend Saturday's auction just for something to do as Bucky spends 5 hrs on the grooming table in Gettysburg. Might not be a good idea for me @ 60 yrs old anyway, just getting over a 3 week battle with an esp. nasty cold.
    With schools closed and all large events banned in MD I expect a severe case of cabin fever for many, esp anyone unfortunate to contract or be exposed to the virus and forced into isolation. A bold new world for the short term (hopefully) that will test the public's self discipline.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    He freaking said last night that he was not canceling events or school. Way to stick to your guns for less than 24 hours Larry.

Could always spend it on hookers. But remember to keep at least 3ft it distance between you and them at all times :lol2::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom