• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that our good and great friend Ed Leary died this morning following his long and courageous bout with cancer.

He is survived by his wife Kate, and a son and daughter.

Ed Leary was a dynamic, fearless and joyful human being who made friends everywhere he went, as well as befriending untold numbers of MDshooters here.

He was a warrior for our rights and loved America with all his heart. In his life, he fought throat cancer and beat it, only to succumb to a second cancer that emerged in these last few years.

He fought hard, and set aside his discomfort to sit at his video editing station churning out spirited, challenging and funny videos for us to marvel at.

Ed knew that his life was in crisis, but found the time to attend church with me just recently, and then to heroically welcome his friends in to see him to say “so long”.

Our lives have been blessed knowing him, and enriched going forward. In Ed’s name we will fly his flag of courage and carry his name with us on our marches to celebrate what is best about America.

Ed, we love you and know the likes of you shall not soon pass this way again. Rest In Peace, courageous brother. We shall again see you some day!

Attachments

• 9E412A81-5A46-48D0-8B0C-A86A054B6825.jpeg
      9E412A81-5A46-48D0-8B0C-A86A054B6825.jpeg
      23.6 KB · Views: 1,083

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Leary family will have a private family funeral.

Sometime soon, we will have a memorial gathering to celebrate the life of Ed Leary for all the MDS folks who came to know him, to respect him, and love him.

That flag above with the Maryland colors combined with the Gadsden Banner is one Ed gave to us to fly everywhere we stand for freedom. We will always cherish it.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Wow, a real loss of a long time member. Rest In Peace, Ed. Deepest Sympathy to his family.

Q

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I am so saddened to hear this. When you described his firm handshake and camaraderie in joining you all for a beer just a few days back, I was hoping there was more time. Dear Ed, may you rest in peace, my friend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Even though I knew we would have to hear this very sad news , it still hurts that one of us had to leave this earth today . May he rest in peace and know he had the respect and love of many here and he is no longer in pain .

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Being new here I didn’t know Mr. Leary, but I did hear many good things about him.

RIP Mr. Leary.
    Condolences to his family and friends.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Prayers for peace and comfort for the family.
    Thank you Ed for your valuable contributions to the 2A cause. Your hard work and talent did not go unnoticed.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    John Donne
    Meditation 17
    Devotions upon Emergent Occasions

"No man is an iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if a clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee...."

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I had the honor of talking with Ed at the Pig Roast last year and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. His creativity and humor will be sorely missed. RIP, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom