• Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Last edited:

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    I currently have 5 lowers sitting on the shelf. This a great deal but I can't justify it right now. I did pick up one of these to complete one of my lowers though. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-5-56mm-1-9-m4-profile-rifle-kit.html

They are out of stock now, I should have ordered 2.

Just to clarify YHM ptac rifle build kit in the link quoted.

I was looking at the kit but there is not much on these ptac parts, it was made clear that its not made by PSA just solely marketed by psa. Searching around to fund out more about the maker practical tactical came up with "we make our parts just like other ar parts just without the frills." ...? What frills do they mean they cut corners? Anyways please let use know about the quality of the parts when you get it.

Last edited:

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I was looking at the kit but there is not much on these ptac parts, it was made clear that its not made by PSA just solely marketed by psa. Searching around to fund out more about the maker practical tactical came up with "we make our parts just like other ar parts just without the frills." ...? What frills do they mean they cut corners? Anyways please let use know about the quality of the parts when you get it.
    WTF are you talking about? The MOE parts in the kit are Magpul, the PSA parts are PSA. Both have been established to be GTG.

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    WTF are you talking about? The MOE parts in the kit are Magpul, the PSA parts are PSA. Both have been established to be GTG.

if you would take the time to read and click on the link the you would know what we are talking about... I was addressing the rifle kit psa is offering made by PTAC, please watch what you say and how you say it in the future so you don't come across dumb. Thanks

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I ordered one Saturday night. My FFL said as long as I had purchased before Oct 1st, I could finish it whenever. This is my second lower purchase in a month.

Edit. Tomorrow is eight days on the first so I get to pick that one up tomorrow after work :)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    As far as the twist rate, most of the ammo around are 55 and 62 gr which shoots well in 1x9 twist, are you planning on shooting majority 62+ gr bullets?

I already have several AR's set up with 1/9 barrels and figured having a few with 1/7 would be good for longer range with 69 and 70 grain bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom