• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Everything ended at 1600 I heard, would've thought there'd be *some* feedback already. Is this being discussed somewhere else on the board? I did a search and came up with nothing.

Thanks.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Special Agent Mike Froncyzk (sp?) from the BATF stood up and explained in detail that 7th day transfers were legal and told us exactly how to fill out a 4473 without a NICS number. Some of the FFLs were actually arguing and telling him he was wrong. I am surprised this hasn't been publicized yet. He repeated himself over and over in front of 100 people, and some of the dealers still didn't believe him.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Special Agent Mike Froncyzk (sp?) from the BATF stood up and explained in detail that 7th day transfers were legal and told us exactly how to fill out a 4473 without a NICS number. Some of the FFLs were actually arguing and telling him he was wrong. I am surprised this hasn't been publicized yet. He repeated himself over and over in front of 100 people, and some of the dealers still didn't believe him.

Yeah, because they're all idiots. There's nothing in the law that says it's illegal, and if you read the law and ATF interpretation, it's pretty clear that it is legal. I don't know what the holdouts are smoking.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Yeah, because they're all idiots. There's nothing in the law that says it's illegal, and if you read the law and ATF interpretation, it's pretty clear that it is legal. I don't know what the holdouts are smoking.

Continental is still smoking it. No 8th day releases.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md

This is exactly the type of scenario that will strangle this business in Maryland. When FFL's do not or will not learn the law about their own business and livelyhood, it will be their undoing.

Only the most informed and up to date will survive. Just sucks that this crap rolls downhill while those behind the times are vetted out.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is exactly the type of scenario that will strangle this business in Maryland. When FFL's do not or will not learn the law about their own business and livelyhood, it will be their undoing.

Only the most informed and up to date will survive. Just sucks that this crap rolls downhill while those behind the times are vetted out.

Problem is, this is exactly the purpose of all this. To cripple the exercise of the Right, in all possible aspects.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Problem is, this is exactly the purpose of all this. To cripple the exercise of the Right, in all possible aspects.

Yup, MOM is no doubt using the Darwin approach to supplement his agenda of infringing on 2A civil rights of MD citizens by getting rid of ignorant FFLs!

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Continental is still smoking it. No 8th day releases.

I'm not a fan of continental as you may have read in my post in the continental tread, but they must have a reason why they are holding out. This is pure speculation, but something to consider is the suicide that occurred there last year. Maybe some political pressure was applied on them - zoning, range permit, ffl status, etc...

Yeah I think the owner is a class act dick but his store will probably be around for a long time. They don't seem to have a shortage of customers and they have a good location with well to do local customer base. Other than freestate, they are the only public indoor range in northern Baltimore metro; at least that I know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom