Yep - I now have 2 of them.
    My WAR Flex in .25
    attachment.php

and my Taipan Mutant in .22
    attachment.php

Got to shoot 100yds the other day.

The Taipan Mutant group of 5 JSB 18.1's measuring 1.75"
    attachment.php

and the Flex group of 5 JSB 33.95's measuring 1.685" (the lower 5 shot group was just under 2")
    attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160804_180154small.jpg
      20160804_180154small.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 666
    • 20160608_101728.jpg
      20160608_101728.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 730
    • 20160810_184902.jpg
      20160810_184902.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 461
    • 20160812_192320.jpg
      20160812_192320.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 521

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Very cool. :D How quiet are they?

I regularly shoot with a guy at AGC who has a Daystar Wolverine B that shoots 1/2" groups at 50 yards, and hits charcoal out to 100. It's factory supressed and is much quieter than anything I have suppressed in .22. I really want one of these but can't afford $2k for the rifle, plus about $800 for the tank, plus an optic. Here's a generic pic:

Attachments

• WolverineB.jpg
      WolverineB.jpg
      13.6 KB · Views: 407

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Very cool. :D How quiet are they?

I regularly shoot with a guy at AGC who has a Daystar Wolverine B that shoots 1/2" groups at 50 yards, and hits charcoal out to 100. It's factory supressed and is much quieter than anything I have suppressed in .22. I really want one of these but can't afford $2k for the rifle, plus about $800 for the tank, plus an optic. Here's a generic pic:

The Taipan is about like a clapping your hands normally. It's actually quieter then any spring gun I have shot. The Flex is like if you clapped them hard. I am able to shoot them in my basement and others on the first floor were not able to hear it.
    I shoot at 25yds and there will be squirrels sitting 2 feet from my target and not even be phased.

The Daystates are really nice guns, (as are most of your German and English guns) but IMHO overpriced for what I wanted. I was not looking for a "Show" piece. I'm more into function. The Flex is $1800 but the Taipan is only $1200. They aren't "pretty" but very functional. I got my tank for under $100 used on ebay with current Hyrdo and 5 years life left. The BSA 6-24 Etched reticle scopes were on sale at Midway for $129.

If you figure the cost difference between these and 22lr the cost can be made up quite quickly if you shot a decent amount. That plus the fact that I can shoot in the backyard have left my .22lr's unused for several years.
    The Taipan is set for 32fpe and the Flex is set at 50FPE. Plenty enough for any small game hunting in Maryland.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    The Taipan is about like a clapping your hands normally. It's actually quieter then any spring gun I have shot. The Flex is like if you clapped them hard. I am able to shoot them in my basement and others on the first floor were not able to hear it.
    I shoot at 25yds and there will be squirrels sitting 2 feet from my target and not even be phased.

The Daystates are really nice guns, (as are most of your German and English guns) but IMHO overpriced for what I wanted. I was not looking for a "Show" piece. I'm more into function. The Flex is $1800 but the Taipan is only $1200. They aren't "pretty" but very functional. I got my tank for under $100 used on ebay with current Hyrdo and 5 years life left. The BSA 6-24 Etched reticle scopes were on sale at Midway for $129.

If you figure the cost difference between these and 22lr the cost can be made up quite quickly if you shot a decent amount. That plus the fact that I can shoot in the backyard have left my .22lr's unused for several years.
    The Taipan is set for 32fpe and the Flex is set at 50FPE. Plenty enough for any small game hunting in Maryland.

Definitely agree with the potential long-term high volume cost advantage, and that the Daystars are excessively pricey. Also like that they can be fired in the backyard without alerting the neighbors. Not sure about the legality compared with a .22, but if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it... :innocent0

There's also a .303 version from Daystar that is even quieter than the smaller calibers, and there's a youtube video of it taking out feral hogs with head shots. :thumbsup:

For your viewing pleasure, the .303:

and

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Those are NOT "BB" guns.

Well that's what the guys who are strictly powder shooters tell me:D

And it makes just about the same noise as the old Daisy Red Ryder that I have.

Not sure about the legality compared with a .22, but if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it... :innocent0

There's also a .303 version from Daystar that is even quieter than the smaller calibers, and there's a youtube video of it taking out feral hogs with head shots. :thumbsup:

For your viewing pleasure, the .303:

and

Maryland hunting regulation specifically lists them as legal for small game.
    Harford County regulations specify that I can shoot them in my backyard as long as the projectiles do not leave my property.

There is a guy in Hawaii who hunts a lot of pigs. He bought one of the WAR Warps (pistol) in .25 specifically for Hogs. He has his tuned for 55FPE. You can order the Flex in .22, .25, .30, .357, .308 and I think he is even making one in .257 for long range shooting.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd