• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My son has the same problem he likes to ride his bike but everywere he goes he gets run off by the police weather he's riding in the ranch club or on solomons island and when he goes to the park the parents or parrk employees run him off. He shouldnt get run off of the park or solomons island or his own privat comunity that he lives in. Where is he suposed to ride his bike.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Kids do need to be able to do something besides sit in the house playing video games. Unfortunately parents give their childrens quality of life no consideration whatsoever. Most comunities make it impossible for kids to be kids and then call the cops when they are. It seems everyone thinks their townhouse is supposed to be free of any evidence of neighbors and heaven forbid their kids. Kids need outlets and when left to their own without any supervision(heaven forbid) they can be downright unruly heathens to outright little thug criminals. I do long for the days when you could light the little crapheads up with rocksalt and their fathers would scrub it out with alchohol but like I said negligent parents are the main problem. I remember years ago mocking the guys that drove 1 1/2 to 2hrs each way to work. They would tell me how their kids could live like humans and have fun and decent lives. Now we live on a private road where the kids can ride between friends houses on 4wheelers,dirtbikes,horses,golfcarts whatever. They can shoot at most of the houses around here and hunt the back 5 back to the swamp. They can explore and climb the ravines paintball in the woods or the several acre yards camp fish whatever. Kids will have their craphead moments but only become sociopathic little heathens through neglect.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I would be a good and respectful son

Hvymax --

Sure sounds like you now live in paradise.:drool:

Adopt me, PLEASE!

Seriously, we down here in Southern MD do enjoy a Mayberry-like environment. Some of us don't appreciate it. Too bad -- Montgomery County is getting closer all the time.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I heard this on the radio the other day. Frankly I can't feel too bad for the kid. They had been being obnoxious shouting profanities and banging on doors before that. But the guy made the worst decision possible in that situation. Going back into your house just to get a gun, then firing a warning shot is just stupid.
    Like others have said, this will just fuel the antis more than anything.
    "A group of innocent children enjoying sports and nice weather were shot at with a high-powered tactical shotgun" :sad20:

phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    Now he can take anger management classes in the joint. what a way to spend your retirement years locked up. A classic case of bad judgment. "sailors,dogs, and skateboarders stay off the grass."

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    People don't just have the right to bear arms, but also the responsibility to possess training.

Warning shots only work in prison yards.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    What an idiot. Kids today are very often disrespectful and moronic but unless someone is being assaulted or robbed, WTF was he doing firing a shotgun at fleeing miscreants he had already pepper-sprayed? I gotta think bad language and skateboard noise which perhaps woke gramps from nappytime was of dubious justification to pepper-spray much less discharge a shotgun at someone. Cranky old fool was lucky he only got what he got.

wbrett1027

Mar 20, 2011
    Sad story...and will only lead to more people thinking poorly of gun owners. This guy handled this situation so poorly, but I can understand his obvious frustration...

http://www.calvertnews.info/news/1730/solomons-landing-shooting

i think the story is a little modifed by the media, however this grumpy old man could be pissed off cause these damn kids keep on fooling with him, and im sure the punks were doing more than trustpassing.
    now i would of pepper sprayed him, yea sure. no shoot them. come on man. not worth loosing guns. call the police or so.
    however everyone seems to look at storys diffrent. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom