• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    The search for an original No32 scope for my No4T sniper rifle, while diligent, has been without success, so far. In the meantime I've been watching the progress of the Chinese to reproduce this scope and offer it at a more affordable price. Esp. since an original No32 in good working condition will set you back well north of $1k these days.
    -So when I got an email from Numrich Arms recently with their repop No32 MK2 scopes on sale I thought I'd take another look. At a price of $239 the risk was so low I felt it was worth purchasing. Also ordered the necessary adjustment tool for $22.50. So for just over $250 my No4T had a scope much closer to correct and a good place holder until I can lay hands on the real deal (which might take quite a long time).
    -This BSA built No4T, dated 1944, went to India and was then part of the huge Springfield Sporter purchase 50 yrs ago when India sold off much of her inventory of Enfields. She's in very good nick with just the "Ishy screw" to point to Indian service. Sadly when Century bought a large number of No4Ts at the SS auction in the early 90s they engraved their import mark on the barrel. Me, I'm perplexed as it had already been in-country for decades, so why the import mark? The original import from SS was done before the GCA so there was no import mark present when Century acquired them. Oh well, at least it's the original small font mark, not the current "bill board".
    -Curious to see how she performs.

Attachments

• IMGP8490.jpg
      IMGP8490.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 323
    • IMGP8493.jpg
      IMGP8493.jpg
      44.7 KB · Views: 311
    • IMGP8492.jpg
      IMGP8492.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 310
    • IMGP8495.jpg
      IMGP8495.jpg
      24.6 KB · Views: 283
    • IMGP8496.jpg
      IMGP8496.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 294
    • IMGP8497.jpg
      IMGP8497.jpg
      29 KB · Views: 273
    • IMGP8498.jpg
      IMGP8498.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 316
    • IMGP8499.jpg
      IMGP8499.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 317

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    That’s just plain beautiful

I love reading your threads. I’m not interested in 99% of C&R style Guns but seriously this thing is the ****.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    The Hi-Lux scopes are a pretty good value. I understand the push for an authentic scope...I ended up looking high and low for an 8x Unertl for my M1903A1 USMC Sniper repro instead of going with the repro scope...and in retrospect I think I'd have been better off with the repro scope. Certainly would have saved some cash...and at the end of the day I was just making a shootable facsimile anyway.

BTW, she's a beautiful rifle. Definitely post some range pics and show us how she performs!

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    No idea why Century reapplied the import markings. I know something similar was done with some Type 53's that Navy Arms imported long ago. Perhaps the importer just did it to feel safe.

That being said, it is a terrific rifle. Springfield Sporters used to be a magical place until the original owner passed and his slightly unhinged son took over.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    There was a lot in today's RIA auction with a bunch of No4T original goodies: transit case, No32 scope w. mount, scope can, furniture and stock hardware. No way to know for sure if the optics were solid or required service. Sold for an jaw dropping $3600. Yeah, I'll stick to this for now!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Believe this No 32 was built in Taiwan. Warren over on milsurp.com does service these and word is that they're workable with good lenses. Glad I waited til now as these sold for twice this when they were first released back in 2010. Quality seems to have improved along the way too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom