• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I’d call first to make sure it’s not a repro scope if you drive. A hike is worth it IMO if it’s only 700 and a typical refurb sniper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    No tax which is a plus but still may not be worth a long trip unless you stop for dinner somewhere. Wish I knew more about them to be able to tell if its a good one or not. Ill be in there in a week or so to pick some things up so if someone tells me what to look for I can check it out. All I know right know is that it looks like it just came out of a crate after being re-furbed or it could be new for all I know. Typical comm varnish, suncorite paint, pretty sure hex receiver sling and what not.
    Seaford is about 35-40 minutes from 404 and 50.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    No tax which is a plus but still may not be worth a long trip unless you stop for dinner somewhere. Wish I knew more about them to be able to tell if its a good one or not. Ill be in there in a week or so to pick some things up so if someone tells me what to look for I can check it out. All I know right know is that it looks like it just came out of a crate after being re-furbed or it could be new for all I know. Typical comm varnish, suncorite paint, pretty sure hex receiver sling and what not.
    Seaford is about 35-40 minutes from 404 and 50.

If you get him to send you some select pictures, we can help you at least determine whether the rifle and scope are legit. All the other stuff would be bonuses for $700.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    ... pretty sure hex receiver sling and what not."

It wouldn't be a PU sniper with a hex receiver.

Thanks for the info, We'll see when I check it out. Right now it looks like any other of the Mosins that are out there with turned down bolt handles red shellac and communist suncorite. Scope caps were stitched leather, I did not see a bayonet and the scope mounts and optic appeared to be arsenal done right out of a crate.
    There was about three or four other Mosin infantry rifles with trappings in there as well as a SKS with a folding bayonet that I did pick up to look at the bolt face.

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    Note that the scopes pictured all have "domed" screws in the turret adjustment dials, repros have flush countersunk screws.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

So I went and looked at it and grabbed some pics. Looks like screws in turrets are flat,(not to mention boogered up) bolt handle looks poorly done as is the stock mortise where the mount is inlet and I wasn't real impressed with the rest of the appearance of the rifle. I'm not talking about handling marks or stamps but final fitting.
    Mostly just minor details that I would look at on any firearm I was checking out and probably over particular.
    Looks humped to me, you can judge for yourself. Not impressed after a good look.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I also thought I read that they never ran the scope cover straps through the hole like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    All repro pieces on what looks to be a hacked up, standard 91-30.
    Melnic- I doubt it, but did you see any scope numbers on left side of barrel chamber?

Also, don't believe the rumors. I know of a handful of legit snipers that came with the covers running through the mount. Including one of my R-Guns snipers.

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    All repro pieces on what looks to be a hacked up, standard 91-30.
    Melnic- I doubt it, but did you see any scope numbers on left side of barrel chamber?

Also, don't believe the rumors. I know of a handful of legit snipers that came with the covers running through the mount. Including one of my R-Guns snipers.

Ha ha, I always wondered if the the scope covers thing wasn't a bit of a stretch. The rough receiver is not typical of original sniper rifles either I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom