• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I was just about to post this. If the price is below 1K and QC is what it should be, they should not only sell a butt load but it will force competitors to lower their price. Hopefully.

Lol PSA can't even QC an AR-15 bolt carrier they have been selling for years...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Here’s a video of an officer mag dumping a full auto MP5 into a bad guys car. Awesome!!

[YT]FuDvph14nmA[/YT]

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I’m not a pessimist by any means, but if PSA puts out an MP5 that’s not plagued with issues I’ll eat the damn thing.

Love their stuff and what they’ve done for the buyers market, but these guns are finicky and temperamental for even the best who build them.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    i-forgot-you.jpg

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I’m not a pessimist by any means, but if PSA puts out an MP5 that’s not plagued with issues I’ll eat the damn thing.

Now that there is funny !!!!! Hey if they can make them run like the Zenith units and at 1k or less I'll buy 2. Love the platform when there put together correctly! !!

Also I heard a rumor that PTR may be coming out with there own. Hk94/ MP5 ??

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    PSA's schtick these last few years has been to come out with a platform that excites gun consumers ... the PA-10, their AK-47 build, the KS-47 ... over hype it, and then move to a new project once it's discovered there are inherent issues with last year's big release. They do price things very competitively, but what one gets is a lack of R&D by them and letting the early buyers be the quality control guinea pigs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Fold a flat. You might know someone w/ the press tooling.

This .... There are plenty of kits, parts,etc. Get the jig be done with it yeah it ain't cheap but.

RTG is a great company to buy from purchased many a kit and parts from them. His Uzi kits that was purchased a while ago didn't have that big slant cut in the rear piece like they do now. His HK kits are great, weld parts, etc. The jig kit he sells is top notch. Build one and have some fun. It ain't a 80% AR.. :D
    Just another bug that bit ya. and may cost some $ but from some of the toys on here
    shouldn't.be a problem....

As far as PSA I will have to pass... Or wait a long while

-Rock

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    PSA's schtick these last few years has been to come out with a platform that excites gun consumers ... the PA-10, their AK-47 build, the KS-47 ... over hype it, and then move to a new project once it's discovered there are inherent issues with last year's big release. They do price things very competitively, but what one gets is a lack of R&D by them and letting the early buyers be the quality control guinea pigs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    With what we've seen from PSA and their QC, I would recommend saving for a Zenith. I have a PSA AR10 and it had to have a bunch of work done to it before it would run flawlessly. The entire gas system was off, thus causing a need for a new (proper) buffer and spring too.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm waiting for POFs to restock. One of my friends got a cosmetic blem from Atlantic Firearms and the only thing wrong with it was two tiny scratches. The sights are straight on their blems.

In Battlefield Vegas' writeup on H&K pattern guns, they said there is no appreciable difference in service life of the genuine H&K MP5s and clones that they used. They did have one batch of early POFs with bad rollers, but they simply replaced the rollers.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I'm waiting for POFs to restock. One of my friends got a cosmetic blem from Atlantic Firearms and the only thing wrong with it was two tiny scratches. The sights are straight on their blems.

In Battlefield Vegas' writeup on H&K pattern guns, they said there is no appreciable difference in service life of the genuine H&K MP5s and clones that they used. They did have one batch of early POFs with bad rollers, but they simply replaced the rollers.

This!!!

What people should keep in mind it’s not easy to have a HK 94 platform and have it run flawlessly, by taking shortcuts and cutting cost like PSA has done in the past.

There’s no way this would be better than a POF made on HK tooling and currently going for $1200 how much more cheaper would this be , yes it may look aesthetically better, but keep in mind this is PSA and QC isn’t great on new offerings. With that said I wish them good luck and I hope they can make an affordable HK 94 platform I’d entertain it.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    There’s no way this would be better than a POF made on HK tooling and currently going for $1200 how much more cheaper would this be , yes it may look aesthetically better, but keep in mind this is PSA and QC isn’t great on new offerings. With that said I wish them good luck and I hope they can make an affordable HK 94 platform I’d entertain it.

That's what I keep telling people about AKs. I'll take the AK made at the factory that has been doing it for decades, has the proper Soviet TDP, has had their product tested in troop trials, and has had their product proven by hundreds of thousands if not millions in military use over the course of decades. US made AKs are reverse engineered, commercial products made for the goal of generating a profit. They have never had troop trials and they have never been used by a military force.

I'll take such a foreign MP5 over a US one, even if the item is a little on the ugly side fit and finish wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom