• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Not helpful but my change of address took about 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I have seen this comment way too many times lately.

A MD to MD resident, whether or not an 03 FFL, cannot avoid MD transfer laws by driving to Virginia (or any other state) to conduct a transfer. Don’t do it. Don’t advertise that it can be done. Be smart.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    ~5 Weeks.
    Walked to mail box Dec-23-2017
    Received Today - Feb 3-2018

Good to know. I mailed mine 2/23 and I see a CC charge from the ATF on 2/25. This Friday is 4 weeks. I figured I’d call and ask AFTER next Friday if I haven’t gotten it yet.

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    C&R

Mailed mine Tuesday 3/27
    Check cashed 3/29
    Called ATF I was approved 5/2 and mailed. Should be in the mailbox soon!
    Update: License in mailbox 5/7. No welcome packet.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So update, I decided to reach out and ask the status. Interestingly even though I have a charge on 2/25 on my CC for it and mailed it 2/23 they mentioned they had “received my application from the bank on 3/13.” Also that they have 60 days to act on a properly received application.

I wonder if she meant they were notified that the payment processed on 3/13. Which seems like a long time when my CC processed it 2 weeks before. Oh well, it is what it is. Hopefully it doesn’t mean I am really waiting till mid May. No “completed, it’s in the mail” response though, so I assume I am in for at least another couple of weeks of waiting.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    I sent in my application last week. Patiently waiting now - hopefully they're still only about 5 weeks.

Mailed 3/27
    CC charged 4/2
    License received 05/18
    Welcome Packet received : ??/??

Edit: Just received my letter in the mail today (05/18)! No welcome packet yet.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Update. Yesterday I reached out to the contact I was given and this morning I got an email that my application was approved and I should get my license in the mail in 5-7 business days. Not sure if it was approved because the person took a look and decided to approve it then and there (it has been about 7 weeks since I mailed it) or if it had been approved a few days ago and I just haven’t gotten it in the mail yet.

Either way, Somewhere between today and next Saturday I should finally have it!

So excited! I am hoping the last of some of the stuff I am interested in is still around in a week and I don’t have to lurk gunbroker at inflated prices to find it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Any special requirements for shipping C&R Hand guns? I have some I’m looking to unload (out of state makes the most sense thanks to butthole MD laws) but I don’t want to run afoul of any unusual shipping regulations.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Any special requirements for shipping C&R Hand guns? I have some I’m looking to unload (out of state makes the most sense thanks to butthole MD laws) but I don’t want to run afoul of any unusual shipping regulations.

USPS is a no go for handguns unless you're a dealer or manufacturer, UPS and Fedex will ship them from non-dealers but they require handguns to go Next Day/overnight with signature required. They will only accept them at the "customer centers" and not the individually owned UPS/fedex stores. Also both require the handgun to be declared to the counter agent when dropping off.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Update, my FFL-03 showed today! So 2/23-4/17 was my total turn around. I am going to make sure to send in my renewal as soon as I can once it is time.

Also ordered an M57. Looking forward to getting my first firearm with my C&R license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom