30 Round AR Mags Available from The Mako Group!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I always down-load my AR mags by two rounds. 30 round mags only get 28. I have had problems seating P-Mags with 30 rounds during a Multi-Gun match and pulling out a round or two eats time.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I put ranger plates on them, run them with 29. The stub on the plate takes up one spot.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I got 3 Lancer L5 Advanced Warfighter 30 rd mags from Brownells in less than 10 days. I think they cost me $14.99 each. I also have had 3-gun issues with Pmags loaded to 30 so I just started loading to 29 instead. I am likely going to phase out the Pmags in favor of the Lancers, based on my initial testing. May keep a couple as I have 2 Pmag 30s still in the plastic.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Wanted to jump back on this thread with a long term review of the magazines I received directly from The Mako Group. The company has been given the opportunity to resolve this privately, has rejected a return/refund request in writing (ignoring my first request and finally responding to my second), and has not acknowledged my last request to stand by their product and repair or replace the magazines. I am using their E-lander AR15 Magazines in an off the shelf Colt. (Prior Posts Above)

My problems of magazine seating and round cycling continued even after taking their suggestion to exercise the magazines (load/unload multiple times). I did notice a difference in the relaxed spring and had high hopes that the magazines would function. The problems continued at the range on my second test fire. Again, the magazine would be tough to seat. After the first shot a second round was loaded and then the magazine dropped out when bolt closed down again. This continued to happen and I experienced the same for all 4 magazines I purchased.

I don't always expect perfect products but I do look for excellent customer service and a company that will back up their products. I was hoping Mako would resolve this quickly and win me over like other companies I have encountered but this hasn't been the case so far.

My review is here for those that search our forum and are considering this product in the future or who want to share their experience with the E-lander magazines.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Throw it on arfcom too. Let the fanbois know what happens when you actually use the product, and not just keep it on a velvet pillow to take pictures and post on the internet. ;)

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    They work great in my DD M4V5. I stopped testing after the 20th mag. I like them a lot more than pmags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom