• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Guys (and gals), with all the crap and trying to get in as many purchases as possible before "THE BAN", I'm looking for input regarding reputable online shops.

Now, of course I would rather support local shops but as we know, many are damn near out of stock on everything with no idea when new stock is coming in...so, where do you shop online?

I've got the following which I've seen others mention and they include in no particular order:

Gunbroker - used them
    Joe Bob Outfitters
    Buds Gun Shop
    Clyde Armory
    Kentucky Gun Co

Of course the likes of Bass Pro, Cabelas and the big box stores but they seem to be out as much as local shops.

So, any other places for online buys that seem to have stock on regulated guns....handguns or longuns, doesn't matter, just not willing to pay 70% markup...yet!

Thanks in advance....

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I have bought firearms from Hinterlands and grabagun, no fuss, no muss.

Found items there that I was looking on all those sites you have listed, but not in stock there.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I have had EXCELLENT transactionswith AR15.com people.
    EXCELLENT - PLUS 100.
    NEVER A FAIL.Sign up, then go
    to the red "Equipment exchange" button, scroll down for
    your selection -
    Guys, you can buy for a fair enough price -
    Mags, AKs, C &R stuff, handguns, .....
    I am not associated w/. AR15.com, all statements are mine.
    I have gotten top notch packing and smooth sending...

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    OP wrote:

I'm looking for input regarding reputable online shops.
    Now, of course I would rather support local shops but as we know, many are damn near out of stock on everything with no idea when new stock is coming in...so, where do you shop online?

Isn't the question - WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BUY?

Stratman60

Apr 6, 2013
    Calvert
    Just bought a glock 19 from bwoutfitters.com off gunbroker. Their very busy but they sent the gun 2nd air UPS and according to the tracker my FFL should get tomorrow. Good price on the gun and shipping was only 25.00.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Agreed know what you are looking for, some online shops specialize.

Also, do NOT discount IPs. It's you money, you need to determine what the value is. Some have to keep the lights on and other just deal out of their houses. They don't all sell in bulk. Also don't forget, shipping can be a lot. A quick drive to an IP may more than make up for that.

If you do decide a larger online vendor is where you need to be for whatever reason, the only one I have done business with is Joe Bobs. It was an exceptional experience and I got what I personally feel to be "value" for my dollars.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    OP wrote:

Isn't the question - WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BUY?

Lets just say I'm a buyer....semi autos, revolvers, AK's.....literally anything and everything.

While I have a few I was always one of the guys who thought, I can buy a gun whenever I want so no need to rush.....well now there is a rush as I refuse to deal with the new level of excrement that is called SB281 so its time to load up.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Agreed know what you are looking for, some online shops specialize.

Also, do NOT discount IPs. It's you money, you need to determine what the value is. Some have to keep the lights on and other just deal out of their houses. They don't all sell in bulk. Also don't forget, shipping can be a lot. A quick drive to an IP may more than make up for that.

If you do decide a larger online vendor is where you need to be for whatever reason, the only one I have done business with is Joe Bobs. It was an exceptional experience and I got what I personally feel to be "value" for my dollars.

For the record I have a list but its a mile long (as everyone's is), I just figured if I had a few more sites to search I could find "things" I want. As for IP's as I stated I'm visiting those close by me, but stock is very limited to say the least.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    OK, Omni - apply tororrow for a MD Designated Collector -
    which allows you to Purchase muliple registed guns at
    the same time.
    You should recieve the OK in 60 days or less.
    Buy all your firearms by July 1 and you will be GTG!
    As many as you want!

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I bought from Kentucky Gun Co through Gunbroker.com.

I had no issues with them, but I bought pre panic buying time. You have to keep in mind that even reputable gun retailers, are so backed up in the current climate, that it may not go as fast as it once did.

Kentucky Gun Co, had a better price on the 1911 I bought, then I could find elsewhere.

Buying through Gunbroker.com is not a bad idea. You may pay slightly more, but they will arbitrate in the event there is an issue.

Last edited:

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    OK, Omni - apply tororrow for a MD Designated Collector -
    which allows you to Purchase muliple registed guns at
    the same time.
    You should recieve the OK in 60 days or less.
    Buy all your firearms by July 1 and you will be GTG!
    As many as you want!

GTG on the collector, just never exercised the right! Hence the urgency now, I could care less if I have 10 guns on order, just need to find them in stock :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom