• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrusselljr

Aug 28, 2011
    I am looking to add a Glock 23 Gen 4, and possibly a Glock 30sf to the collection.....can someone guide me in the best direction for the local (or online?) Glock experts and best pricing I should be able to find on these?

I have purchased 3 other handguns from a local gun shop and in looking back I've paid more than I should have (giving consideration to both the product and the service of the transactions and post-sales support).

At this point i've done all my homework on my own and now just need to locate the best place to buy. Would PREFER to purchase locally and spend the money with the right company here.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I am aware of discounts via GSSF, just registered, and will likely get something form them after my first year of membership goes by...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Two thoughts:

1) If you're not a designated collector, become one.

2) Call an Industry Partner in your area (Gun Connection is my prefered local one) and tell them what you're after. If you can pay cash, that tends to seem to make people a bit more willing to deal.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    wwwbudsgunshop.com become a VIP member while your there and get deals on first dib items too.. Just got another Glock from them I sent to joe at Corsica coatings the other day and ordered a Henry lever action today. Painless and fast process to order through them and will save you a chunk of change

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    If you are into Glocks, becoming a GSSF member is worthwhile.
    You don't get the discount in your first year anymore, but in your second year you can pick up a 19 for somewhere around $460.

Engage Armament honors GSSF coupons and are good people.

Many here have had negative experiences at The Cop Shop.

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    Two thoughts:

1) If you're not a designated collector, become one.

2) Call an Industry Partner in your area (Gun Connection is my prefered local one) and tell them what you're after. If you can pay cash, that tends to seem to make people a bit more willing to deal.

:thumbsup:

Gun Connection

jcrusselljr

Aug 28, 2011
    :thumbsup:

Gun Connection

lots of people seem to love gun connection.....will have to pay them a visit.

I have heard lots of complaints regarding Cop Shop -- almost worth a visit just to see how they manage to stay in business with that kind of negative press.

Will have to spend a weekend day perusing the local shops to see which one has the best fit for me.....thanks for all the feedback. MD Shooters has been a greeat resource for me!

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I don't know what area you are in, but The Gun Shop on Eastern Blvd in Essex sells standard models for around $515 before tax/msp.

Great place man i buy almost all of my guns and stuff there good people good prices A+ if your in the area they have a special edition glock in stock currently if im not mistaken the 25th aniversary edition

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    lots of people seem to love gun connection.....will have to pay them a visit.

I have heard lots of complaints regarding Cop Shop -- almost worth a visit just to see how they manage to stay in business with that kind of negative press.

Will have to spend a weekend day perusing the local shops to see which one has the best fit for me.....thanks for all the feedback. MD Shooters has been a greeat resource for me!

Cop Shop is OK so long as you deal with Sr. and not Jr.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    cheaper than dirt is 484.50 plus 11 shipping plus 35 for transfer so your at 530.50 total if I a local guy can get you out the door for around 550 its a good deal. the online price does not count any required MD lock which i reuse mine when i by online.

Royall577

Oct 9, 2010
    Essex, MD
    +1 on Gun Connection and The Gun Shop. I buy my handguns from The Gun Shop and my AR gear is supplied by Gun Connection. They are awesome people at both places and can order what ever you want. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom