• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mendicant

Aug 11, 2015
    Baltimore/Silver Spring
    Several black fridays ago, I had purchased a Remington Express Air Rifle in .22 caliber. I had kept it in the box because I had not immediate need of it. Now that a need has arisen, mounting rings that came with the scope were so heavily defective, one would not actually attach to the gun.

When ordering scope rings, do you typically order high or medium profile?

If I were to live in the confines of Baltimore city, where would you recommend I go for sighting purposes?

Thank you.

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Several black fridays ago, I had purchased a Remington Express Air Rifle in .22 caliber. I had kept it in the box because I had not immediate need of it. Now that a need has arisen, mounting rings that came with the scope were so heavily defective, one would not actually attach to the gun.

When ordering scope rings, do you typically order high or medium profile?

If I were to live in the confines of Baltimore city, where would you recommend I go for sighting purposes?

Thank you.

A lot depends on the objective of your scope. If you put a 309x32 scope on the Remy you could likely use low mounts. If however you are putting a 6-24x50 on it you will likely need high mounts.

Where to sight in? Make friends with someone in the county. There is a range in Middle River if on the east side of city. Freestate Gun Range. Not sure if they allow air rifles though. Some think they a "BB" guns and that you are shooting metal BB's that ricochet. Make sure you let them know you are shooting lead pellets.

Hytaro

Oct 10, 2018
    North Bergen,NJ
    Manufactures have different sizes of scope rings. For instance, a set of medium Burris Signature Zee rings in 30mm will be a different size than lets say the Burris XTR rings in medium.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    A lot depends on the objective of your scope. If you put a 309x32 scope on the Remy you could likely use low mounts. If however you are putting a 6-24x50 on it you will likely need high mounts.

Where to sight in? Make friends with someone in the county. There is a range in Middle River if on the east side of city. Freestate Gun Range. Not sure if they allow air rifles though. Some think they a "BB" guns and that you are shooting metal BB's that ricochet. Make sure you let them know you are shooting lead pellets.

As far as I remember, they will let you shoot air guns but you have to use pure lead projectiles. I talked to him once about it when I had the Texan and that's what I was told but it's been a few years now.

As far as ring height goes it depends on what distance you're planning to shoot at. The higher the rings, the farther out the point of scope and barrel intersect. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom