7 or 8 round 357 revolver that's C&R eligible?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Hi all,

Looking for a 357 wheel gun that's c&r eligible. Model 19 looks promising, wondering if there are any that have 7 or 8 round capacity. Does anyone know any models like that? Everything I'm seeing past 6 seems to be too recent.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm not aware of any C&R-eligible that chamber 7 or 8 rounds. AFAIK, the metallurgy tech is too new. IMO, the one to get for C&R is S&W pre-Model 27.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've never heard of a 7 or 8 round capacity revolver that would qualify as a C&R. There may be some obscure, off the wall revolver, but nothing from the big manufacturers that I know of.

Good Luck!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nope, leastways not in .357 .

If you like M19's , might as well look for M19 . Plenty out there, and quite a few were used as carry/ duty guns. ( S&W collectors seek high condition M19, and hence they can go for $$.)

Likewise early M27 and pre-27 are in demand by S&W collectors. 5 yrs ago, I would have pointed you to a M28 or pre-28 , but currently they are having a boom, selling for near M27 prices. Objectively based on production numbers , initial pricing, and and quality of finish , I can't see the relative pricing maintaining like that. But what do I know, I didn't buy up Pythons when they were $300.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Not a .357 but the LeMat Revolver had a 9 shot .42 or .36 caliber cylinder around a 20 gauge shotgun barrel.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not a .357 but the LeMat Revolver had a 9 shot .42 or .36 caliber cylinder around a 20 gauge shotgun barrel.

Civil war.

Interesting.

AGR31-S-F2-H.jpg

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

The Nagant is a 7 round revolver.... but 7.62 Nagant is just a shade less powerful than .357 mag.... just a touch.... just a wee bit :-)

Not much point in going down that road. Has nothing to do with the OP's question and inevitably ends up at 20-shot or even 30-shot pinfire revolvers. :)
    541-c.JPG

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Model 19 it is then. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a model 19 on the classifieds for sale. Scott's Gunsmithing has a Model 28 on consignment. FYI, the 19 is a fine revolver, but many feel it shouldn't be fed a steady diet of 357s. The frame size was originally developed for k38s (pre model 10) and k22s. 27 and 28s are heavier (N) framed.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Just my two cents. If you are going S&W .357 Magnum, go with the Model 27 or 28. The N frame can handle any .357 Magnum loads out there and do it regularly.

I had a 27. Had. I still miss it.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    7 or 8 round 357 revolver that's C&R eligible?

The Nagant is a 7 round revolver.... but 7.62 Nagant is just a shade less powerful than .357 mag.... just a touch.... just a wee bit :-)

No Nagant handguns for me... I was appalled to find out Americans collect a handgun combloc residents consider an archaic POS from the revolutionary war era. Of course, having the choice is what it's all about, but it's still something I just don't get. Then again, I don't have to...

I'll probably be feeding my revolver mostly 38 spc, with an occasional 357 load, will look out for model 27s as well

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just my two cents. If you are going S&W .357 Magnum, go with the Model 27 or 28. The N frame can handle any .357 Magnum loads out there and do it regularly.

I had a 27. Had. I still miss it.

+1 I got a 1962 Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman at Chantilly last November. It's my favorite handgun by far

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    + 2 Bought my M28 new, while stationed in Montana in the early 70's. Carried it while hunting but never needed to use it. 6 inch barrel very accurate. Still have the original box, small screwdriver and cleaning rod that came with it. One of my favorites.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    No Nagant handguns for me... I was appalled to find out Americans collect a handgun combloc residents consider an archaic POS from the revolutionary war era.

And that's exactly why this is in the C&R section, those Nagants just drip with history.

So I take it you don't have an archaic POS Colt SAA from the US Indian Wars era, either. :)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    There was a blued four-in barrel .357 S&W here on the classifieds yesterday--pinned and recessed--at a killer price. $550. I would have jumped on it if I hadn't just bought sumpin' else.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've never heard of a 7 or 8 round capacity revolver that would qualify as a C&R. There may be some obscure, off the wall revolver, but nothing from the big manufacturers that I know of.

Good Luck!

I understand the Webley-Fosbery (semi-)Automatic Revolver was available as an 8-shot 38, as well as the more often seen 6-shot 455.

I've never seen one, and the 455 is "more often seen" only in comparison to the 38. Hen's teeth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley%E2%80%93Fosbery_Automatic_Revolver

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I understand the Webley-Fosbery (semi-)Automatic Revolver was available as an 8-shot 38

In .38 ACP, not .38 Special. Just saying because the way I read the OP's post, he's looking for .357 Mag offerings, so maybe .38 Special as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom