• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    They basically admit the effed up and had to go fix it accordingly.

Guys, we forced them to alter their procedures. Win.

Their excuse for not getting a TRO: OK, we ****ed up but as of now we listened and we fixed it.

That was the goal of step one.

Now it's on to step two...

Attachments

• Doe vs Brown State Response.pdf
      5.5 MB · Views: 662

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    They basically admit the effed up and had to go fix it accordingly.

Guys, we forced them to alter their procedures. Win.

Their excuse for not getting a TRO: OK, we ****ed up but as of now we listened and we fixed it.

That was the goal of step one.

Now it's on to step two...

Was the TRO granted? Guessing it wasn't since the problem had already been fixed (i.e., it was moot).

Edit to add: Thanks for the quick update. I actually thought about this during lunch today and wondered how it went.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    So I posted before reading it fully.

Basically they contend that we should eff off because they broke the law, but have now conveniently stopped.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    "Counsel informs me that the plaintiffs have complained that the website into
    which data was entered failed to use any encryption at its login portal. That is no longer
    true.

Counsel informs me that the plaintiffs have complained that the employees of agencies outside the MSP did not have unique user names and passwords.- That is no longer true

Counsel informs me that the plaintiffs have complained that access to the
    MSP data entry system is not restricted to State-controlled IP addresses. That is no longer true"

and so on and so on.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    IMO (IANAL) it does not read that way. They simply are saying we cant do what they want because it is not there anymore. (The program terminated)

It simply states that everything the plaintiff claims is a mute point since we are not doing it.

Without going back and reading the exact wording of the original TRO.

I see this as good and bad.

Good because it forced them to stop what they wanted to do and should help

Bad because they probably will win the defense and the media will tout it that we are just knuckleheads.

The only thing I can see that would be good from here is that in the original TRO it asks for the court to say "No you cannot do this and it MUST be done by MSP and no other department" if that is the case then it works out well for us.

Someone proof my logic there...hopefully it is valid......

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    The purpose of asking for a TRO was not to get it... we know they are done. The point was to get them to ADMIT to the negligent handling of our PII.

They've done just that.

Now on to step 2.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Uh, they are claiming the backlog that requires the extra attention includes only applications submitted as far back as September 1st? I have an app from June 6th that never came back, and another from Mid August with no word.

He must be mistaken.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    IMO (IANAL) it does not read that way. They simply are saying we cant do what they want because it is not there anymore. (The program terminated)

It simply states that everything the plaintiff claims is a mute point since we are not doing it.

Without going back and reading the exact wording of the original TRO.

I see this as good and bad.

Good because it forced them to stop what they wanted to do and should help

Bad because they probably will win the defense and the media will tout it that we are just knuckleheads.

The only thing I can see that would be good from here is that in the original TRO it asks for the court to say "No you cannot do this and it MUST be done by MSP and no other department" if that is the case then it works out well for us.

Someone proof my logic there...hopefully it is valid......

Good points.

The point of the lawsuit was to get them to stop doing dumb things. The sad state of affairs in this state is that you need to sue to stop stupidity. We did. They stopped.

We made clear early that we would not drop this. That we would chase their ass until they stopped exposing our private info on the internet.

They say they heard the word and did it. Yay. TRO does not matter any more. We got what we wanted: stop doing dumb things.

The also concede they screwed up.

Now we get to go back in time and get them to notify everyone and fix it.

Steps, my friend. Baby steps.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Page 5 Para 5

As of September 1 1 ,2013, the individuals who had previously been enlisted to assist in the data entry effort no longer had access to the MSP data entry system at issue, the user names and passwords that had been supplied for the effort were canceled, and the website address through which the data entry had previously been performed was moved from the public domain and changed.

Was it userS plural, or singular?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Good points.

The point of the lawsuit was to get them to stop doing dumb things. The sad state of affairs in this state is that you need to sue to stop stupidity. We did. They stopped.

We made clear early that we would not drop this. That we would chase their ass until they stopped exposing our private info on the internet.

They say they heard the word and did it. Yay. TRO does not matter any more. We got what we wanted: stop doing dumb things.

The also concede they screwed up.

Now we get to go back in time and get them to notify everyone and fix it.

Steps, my friend. Baby steps.
    I have a t-shirt you can send to MSP head & O'MAOlly

51nDlZeujmL._SX342_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom