• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Agreed. Funny to see so many "Patriots" all upset about this and that and whining. Hearing "DONT TREAD ON ME!" Then saying "i was first inline for my HQL". Everyone playing the game and bending over is one more failure in the book. This fight aint about winning MD. Its about living your life in the American way. For some of us, that means moving. Personally I wont be buying another firearm in MD. More for you all. My cash is all going to the fund that gets me out of MD. Some people call that quitting, I call it common sense. This country is headed downhill fast with a conductor hell bent on crashing us through the front gate of communism. MD is at the very front of that train. People need to defy, resist, and escape this shit hole. All of you guys thumping chests and getting heated over SB281 are literally shortening your lives with stress. Screw it. Just make your arrangements and head out. Easier said than done I assure you as Im smack dab in the middle of uprooting. But id rather wipe well in the West than shit comfortably in MD.

X2

If arfcom is representative of gun owners nation wide.

We are in big, big trouble.

Sent from my fire using smoke.

We are in big trouble. The rest of the country has written off Md.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Nice coming from someone who took the cowards way out, glad you stuck around to gloat.

I took the smart way out. Besides we had been wanting to move for a while, that was just the icing on the cake.

Ok, many months ago, when the first 8 day releases were starting to come about. It was proven in the laws that 8 day release was 100% ok. But plenty of you were understanding and said, its their buisness, so i cant fault them. Well, now you want to fault Larue for following the AG's release on the law?! Ummm now despite what you marylanders may believe, not every other state is fortunate enough to have their state police as the one stop shop for everything. So Larue, may not even know to look at MSP for an opinion. However the AG would be the one to look at so.... Plus i highly doubt they are sitting their researching the state of MD. The AG said it, its that simple bitch at them. There again is another problem you people have. Your bitching to a company thats on our side, now they are just stuck bc of a law. Why didnt you bitch at the liberals who took these rights away from you? Why didnt you lay into brian frosh for denying you a decent amount of time to plead your case at the hearings? You all said, we must be polite, well just take it and move on. Well vote. Ummm did you not see or remember what happened in the hearings when the bill was being amended? Do you not remember that vote that we won, then was recalled, a few went back in the other room, came out revoted and it lost? Del Smiegel yelled out about tyranny. Im sure you have to remember that. So go ahead, bitch about pro 2a people, and be nice and polite to those who are fuucking you.

Some of you spent 5k or more, stocking up on guns before the deadline, but yet couldnt afford to move. Umm ok. We dont wanna leave our families, our kids are in school. Ahhh, theres schools elsewhere. Plus no matter where you are in MD, theres another state maybe 30 minutes away at most. Its not that far of a move. So stop whinning. We left our familes and friends. Gues what its only a 2 hour plane ride to see them. But yeah, for standing up for what we believe in and not taking it up the ass, we are cowards. Yep...you got that right. To who said VA is slowly turning blue. Well, maybe if more pro 2a people would move there, it wouldnt. May have lost the battle for MD, but not the war for the country. Go where theres better numbers of like minded people. If you havent notice, numbers help ;)

If you had a hair on your ass, you would be rallied outside the Gov's mansion protesting. Oh no, we dont have a permit we cant. Yeah, thats why you lost.... Bc your enemy wont allow you to fight them.

Ohh didnt MSI say in their emails any picks after Oct 1 should be handled with caution bc of the conflicting info.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Since LaRue is giving us the finger, anyone know of any IP dealers who are KAC dealers? Looking for a SR-25 ECC now :D

An Online dealer would work too.

If you think LaRue rifles are hard to get... try getting a KAC. Engage is a KAC dealer, and I've seen more of their suppressors thru there than rifles.

By everyone I've talked to, LT rifles are better than KAC... But so are the LMT rifles. And LMT actually is moving out of IL too.

I don't know how I feel about LT and would like to see a response from the owner before I pass judgment. I'm not going to buy an ADM or A.R.M.S. mount because I think they're garbage. LT truly does make some of the best stuff in the business...

But if they cancel legal, standing orders and refuse to sell a rifle that is NOT banned, I'll be very disappointed. Not sure if I'll permanently boycott them, I will see what happens. I called this months ago, and I'm sure LT will not be the last manufacturer to cut MD off. More and more manufacturers, distributors and individual FFLs will cut off MD over time. DiMarco, O'Malley & co. knew they would. It will take YEARS to un-f*** this, if we ever can.

Honestly LT is a company I had considered contacting for employment if I ever wanted to leave my current position (which I don't, I am happy with my current situation). But now I really don't think I'll do that.

:sad20:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I took the smart way out. Besides we had been wanting to move for a while, that was just the icing on the cake.

Ok, many months ago, when the first 8 day releases were starting to come about. It was proven in the laws that 8 day release was 100% ok. But plenty of you were understanding and said, its their buisness, so i cant fault them. Well, now you want to fault Larue for following the AG's release on the law?! Ummm now despite what you marylanders may believe, not every other state is fortunate enough to have their state police as the one stop shop for everything. So Larue, may not even know to look at MSP for an opinion. However the AG would be the one to look at so.... Plus i highly doubt they are sitting their researching the state of MD. The AG said it, its that simple bitch at them. There again is another problem you people have. Your bitching to a company thats on our side, now they are just stuck bc of a law. Why didnt you bitch at the liberals who took these rights away from you? Why didnt you lay into brian frosh for denying you a decent amount of time to plead your case at the hearings? You all said, we must be polite, well just take it and move on. Well vote. Ummm did you not see or remember what happened in the hearings when the bill was being amended? Do you not remember that vote that we won, then was recalled, a few went back in the other room, came out revoted and it lost? Del Smiegel yelled out about tyranny. Im sure you have to remember that. So go ahead, bitch about pro 2a people, and be nice and polite to those who are fuucking you.

Some of you spent 5k or more, stocking up on guns before the deadline, but yet couldnt afford to move. Umm ok. We dont wanna leave our families, our kids are in school. Ahhh, theres schools elsewhere. Plus no matter where you are in MD, theres another state maybe 30 minutes away at most. Its not that far of a move. So stop whinning. We left our familes and friends. Gues what its only a 2 hour plane ride to see them. But yeah, for standing up for what we believe in and not taking it up the ass, we are cowards. Yep...you got that right. To who said VA is slowly turning blue. Well, maybe if more pro 2a people would move there, it wouldnt. May have lost the battle for MD, but not the war for the country. Go where theres better numbers of like minded people. If you havent notice, numbers help ;)

If you had a hair on your ass, you would be rallied outside the Gov's mansion protesting. Oh no, we dont have a permit we cant. Yeah, thats why you lost.... Bc your enemy wont allow you to fight them.

Ohh didnt MSI say in their emails any picks after Oct 1 should be handled with caution bc of the conflicting info.

your post is not needed. stfu and enjoy florida.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    your post is not needed. stfu and enjoy florida.

Please pick my post apart then. Im not saying this couldnt happen anywhere else. But i will say that when the have tried it down here its been beaten so far. Truth hurst dont it, enjoy MD, you earned it and stfu.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Please pick my post apart then. Im not saying this couldnt happen anywhere else. But i will say that when the have tried it down here its been beaten so far. Truth hurst dont it, enjoy MD, you earned it and stfu.

Florida will be blue and you will be in the same spot.

I actually live in VA. Go somewhere else to gloat

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wow, truly amazing the way our community sticks together.

To all of you who thinks this is funny and we're getting our just desserts, this isn't about the law or even about a company refusing to do business with Marylanders. It's the fact that they DIDNT SAY A DAMN WORD until two days ago. People have orders in the pipeline PRIOR to Sandy Hook. They thought they were clear of the law, and surely LaRue would honor the orders because they're pro 2A, right? If they would have made this announcement 2 months ago, buyers would have said: man, that sucks. Guess I'll have to hurry up and order from someone else. And that would be it. Now people were left hanging with less than 48 hours to try and find replacements.

For the record, I've never ordered from LaRue. I wanted to, but just couldn't afford it. I almost ordered a 7.62 in the summer, but I was concerned that in January the legislature would nullify the entire PO exemption and add AR10's to the list, so instead I just got one already in a store.

Also, as a native Texan, this just burns me to the core with how Mark and Co gave no warning and strung people along for 6 months. I started having my doubts when they released their Costa edition. What an f-ing tool.

Guess what to all you laughing down in Florida: Karma's a bitch.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Florida will be blue and you will be in the same spot.

I actually live in VA. Go somewhere else to gloat

Theres no gloating. Its the truth. Like i said it could happen in FL, but thankfully right now, we have a Govenor on our side. Ex, people bitched about the treyvon case ad wanted to get rid of stand your ground. He shot that down quick. Things may change in the future. Enjoy va.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why are you guys harping on the PO?

Call them out for not selling a perfectly legal rifle (7.62 OBR) to MD residents.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Why are you guys harping on the PO?

Call them out for not selling a perfectly legal rifle (7.62 OBR) to MD residents.

Exactly!!

Also jump in on AR15.com thread if you have an account, help get the word out to his cronies lets show them who Mark LaRue really is! (a supporter of money not our 2A rights)

Raylon Rules

I am Groot
    Feb 19, 2013
    C.C.C.M.D.
    It's inexcusable for them to behave like this. They almost certainly retain legal counsel, as any intelligently run company should. They should be able to keep up with the changes to laws without skipping a beat. Not even non-regulated firearms? Really? I wonder how many people will never own a now banned rifle because they put all their eggs in this basket.

It seems to me that they are making a wrongheaded political statement and I hope it costs them dearly. I completely understand the idea that some companies won't sell to the gov't what private citizens are disallowed from purchasing, but why abandon an entire state? I really hope the word gets around nationally on FB.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    I got good news and I got bad news. The good isn't really that good. If you have offer & acceptance on a LaRue product, that is a legally binding contract, period. Sine LT touts his products as the best of the best of the best, unique, unlike any other and very specific, a suit for "Specific Performance" may be possible. Since LT does business in MD and the injury is felt in MD, I also believe a plaintiff could assert "Personal Jurisdiction" over LT and DRAG his ass into MD to defend the many suits, perhaps even a class action.

I think faced with defending untold lawsuits or following both MD law and contract law, the financial incentive is to fill the existing orders, then cut ties to MD. Yeah, huge PITA, LT may fight but then again he may realize filling the orders is lawful and do the right thing. I hope it doesn't come to that point, we all do. Gun people suing each other is tragic.

The bad news is: welcome to the new MD market. Manufacturers will likely cast us aside. We are a tiny market (unlike CA) and the cost to comply will cut into profits and just be a monumental PITA, making doing business here just too cumbersome and risky. I cannot blame them. Dealing with idiot laws and potential litigation is simply not worth the risk. I would not do business in MD AFTER I filled existing orders.

LT had a running battle with CA along the same lines. No idea how that turned out, BUT he did support CalGuns with a 12K donation, which he didn't have to do. He also sends $1,000 a month to them until the "cows come home."

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=180504

CalgunsFoundation.jpg

That all said, YES. What he did was a 100% dick move, but if cooler heads prevail, I hope LT will come to understand what is lawful and what is not. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt because Mark is a lot of things and he CAN be an ass, but who can't?

I think if we prove to Mark that he can send existing orders and AR-10 type rifles here, there is no way he'll up and screw us. We need a cool-headed emissary to have a "sit down" and hash it out.

I have no dog in this fight except for supporting fairness. I am not an attorney and know knothing about law, but did talk to one about this train wreck.

Let's de-escalate the trash talk (99% from AR15) until we are all certain of the position and policy.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

I also take issue with how much people spent buying up guns over the past several months. I actually put up a poll (maybe I should bump it) asking how much people have personally spent. Most answered in the thousands of dollars, a few people rang in at $20k+, $30k+...

If that money had been used to buy ads, pay for lobbying efforts or probably better yet be stashed away for future elections, I think we'd be in a better position.

I really didn't buy much of anything, and instead decided to move to VA where I won't be affected by this terrible law. Now that I have more money I can afford to buy whatever I want at a slow pace.

I do understand and feel for those too rooted in MD to move on, but I think out strategies are flawed. We don't get confrontational, it's always "be nice we don't want them to think we're crazy." Bullsh!t, they already think we're crazy.

I think most people bought up all these guns because they KNOW it's their last chance. If there was any faith that this crap will be overturned people would have spent money and time fighting for the referendum or other means (lawsuits etc.) than on enhancing their personal arsenals.

2A in MD is a sinking ship, and is nearly sunk. Of course I'm on board to help bail you guys out but I have one foot on the pier.

Let's see how this goes but it pains me to think how much worse it will get. Of course I think out efforts will fail, the real question is how much courage will Marylanders have to move on to the next "boxes". I'm betting 80% or more will slip back into the shadows, and eventually surrender without a fight down the road.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I also take issue with how much people spent buying up guns over the past several months. I actually put up a poll (maybe I should bump it) asking how much people have personally spent. Most answered in the thousands of dollars, a few people rang in at $20k+, $30k+...

If that money had been used to buy ads, pay for lobbying efforts or probably better yet be stashed away for future elections, I think we'd be in a better position.

I really didn't buy much of anything, and instead decided to move to VA where I won't be affected by this terrible law. Now that I have more money I can afford to buy whatever I want at a slow pace.

I do understand and feel for those too rooted in MD to move on, but I think out strategies are flawed. We don't get confrontational, it's always "be nice we don't want them to think we're crazy." Bullsh!t, they already think we're crazy.

I think most people bought up all these guns because they KNOW it's their last chance. If there was any faith that this crap will be overturned people would have spent money and time fighting for the referendum or other means (lawsuits etc.) than on enhancing their personal arsenals.

2A in MD is a sinking ship, and is nearly sunk. Of course I'm on board to help bail you guys out but I have one foot on the pier.

Let's see how this goes but it pains me to think how much worse it will get. Of course I think out efforts will fail, the real question is how much courage will Marylanders have to move on to the next "boxes". I'm betting 80% or more will slip back into the shadows, and eventually surrender without a fight down the road.

:thumbsup:

Thank you. Well said.

Wasnt it laure that sent out lowers so ffls could submit paperwork then was going to send the complete rifle once it was complete? Not like they were trying to **** you. Its the AG's opinions that screwed it up.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Ok let me get this straight, someone talked to a lady on the phone at Larue and she said they are not shipping rifles to MD. It is no secret that the law is going into effect on 1 OCT. The law is a confusing abortion...FACT. If you were in this business, wouldn't you protect yourself? Of course you would. That said, I think that folks are really jumping the gun considering Mark has not responded to the thread and associated questions regarding purchase orders made prior to 1 OCT. Customer service people like the lady in question most often do not understand the details or the big picture. They typically answer in robotic fashion. This may be a case of that or it may not be. Everyone certainly has the right to vote with their wallets on future purchases. Again, I think Mark has been found guilty based on circumstantial evidence. As for ARFCOM, it is what it is...this is no secret in the shooting community.

Do what you want to do. I know Mark and he is a great guy. I also happen to know that he has Family in MD. I'm not going to stop using his products because of something politicians in this State did. I hope he honors purchase orders that fall within the letter of the law, but considering the current climate and risk, I would understand if he did not.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Have no dog in this fight, don't own anything by L.T.

The tap being cut off (IF, it is indeed), sucks. But that's life.

Save this energy and direct it at the true targets, our MD legislation.

JMO, I'm done here.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I'm appalled at how shoddily our supposed fellow pro-2A supporters were on that forum AND THIS ONE, just because we live in MD. Seriously guys--the front line (or behind enemy lines as of today) is right here. This is where the action is, and this is where the legality of what will eventually be rolled out to all states will be tested in court.

You won't win this sitting in TX, casually hunting buck in season, and doing nothing other than watching the storm clouds roll over the rest of the country and then blame the people getting hammered right now. News flash--it will be your turn soon enough. Cue up VA next.

What's the military term? Person other than Grunt? How about Person other than Gun Rights Supporter--POGR. Or plus plain PoS.

Gundahar

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Have no dog in this fight, don't own anything by L.T.

The tap being cut off (IF, it is indeed), sucks. But that's life.

Save this energy and direct it at the true targets, our MD legislation.

JMO, I'm done here.

Even for existing orders cancelled without notification?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom