Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2020, 11:37 PM #141
esqappellate's Avatar
esqappellate esqappellate is offline
President, MSI
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,757
esqappellate esqappellate is offline
President, MSI
esqappellate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
^^^ This RIGHT HERE is why you should NEVER say that your lone opinion, or your one vote, doesn't make a difference.

ALWAYS TAKE ACTION!
Exactly right
__________________
This may sound like legal advice, but it isn't. Don't rely on it. Hire your own counsel.
esqappellate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2020, 01:51 PM #142
dblas dblas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,746
dblas dblas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
^^^ This RIGHT HERE is why you should NEVER say that your lone opinion, or your one vote, doesn't make a difference.

ALWAYS TAKE ACTION!
Her, her father, and the 1200 other folks that kept the House committee there until 3:46 AM Saturday morning (Started at 1:00 PM Friday afternoon, sign-up started at 9:00 AM Friday) are part and parcel why we were able to make O'Malley, Bush, and Miller threaten members of their own party to get what O'Malley wanted.

More people need to understand that and stand up again in those numbers every time we get.
__________________
"If it pleases the crown"
dblas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:10 AM #143
Spektek Spektek is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 4
Spektek Spektek is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 4
I tell you what. I have been educated on this forum about MD Gun restrictions more than anywhere else. I appreciate those who share the knowledge. It helps us stay out of hot water. Last thing I ever want to end up screwing my 2nd amend right to be a lawful, legal firearm owner.

Now we just need to figure out what came first. The HBAR or the dipstick currupt ill-informed politicians that made it a requirement?
Spektek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:22 AM #144
rbird7282's Avatar
rbird7282 rbird7282 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8,911
rbird7282 rbird7282 is offline
Senior Member
rbird7282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawyer View Post
You bought the gun cash and carry in HBAR config which is non regulated. When you attach a non HBAR upper on that lower you have made an illegal firearm as its now in a regulated configuration with no paperwork. Its no different than taking an AR bought as a regulated firearm rifle and trying to make it a pistol. once a rifle always a rifle. Iv been shooting on private land and had the State Police drive up and ask to see all of the firearms. They called in every SN# to make sure none of the guns were stolen. On a 22lr pistol they said the serial number and the dispatcher said my name back. the officer never told the dispatcher my name, so regulated firearms must be logged somewhere with serial number, owner and maybe date of purchase.

The correct response is you can have the serial numbers when you show me a search warrant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbird7282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:02 PM #145
Mark75H's Avatar
Mark75H Mark75H is offline
HVAC Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Outside the Gates
Posts: 11,984
Mark75H Mark75H is offline
HVAC Expert
Mark75H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Outside the Gates
Posts: 11,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawyer View Post
You bought the gun cash and carry in HBAR config which is non regulated. When you attach a non HBAR upper on that lower you have made an illegal firearm as its now in a regulated configuration with no paperwork. Its no different than taking an AR bought as a regulated firearm rifle and trying to make it a pistol. once a rifle always a rifle. Iv been shooting on private land and had the State Police drive up and ask to see all of the firearms. They called in every SN# to make sure none of the guns were stolen. On a 22lr pistol they said the serial number and the dispatcher said my name back. the officer never told the dispatcher my name, so regulated firearms must be logged somewhere with serial number, owner and maybe date of purchase.
Yes, all that is on the 77r and archived in MSPLD computers FOREVER, even if you sell it. We've known where that somewhere is since they started.

rbird is right while you are on private land unless they have probably cause to believe a crime has been commited, they can pound sand. If they look at them without your permission, call them in and there are witnesses, you might have a case for slander if you pushed it

Not any different from walking around behind your house and checking the VIN number on your car for no reason
__________________
2A ... Federal Constitutional Preemption

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:14 PM #146
outrider58's Avatar
outrider58 outrider58 is online now
Goggle it Einstein
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,839
outrider58 outrider58 is online now
Goggle it Einstein
outrider58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
Yes, all that is on the 77r and archived in MSPLD computers FOREVER, even if you sell it. We've known where that somewhere is since they started.

rbird is right while you are on private land unless they have probably cause to believe a crime has been commited, they can pound sand. If they look at them without your permission, call them in and there are witnesses, you might have a case for slander if you pushed it

Not any different from walking around behind your house and checking the VIN number on your car for no reason
^^^This
They can 'drive up any driveway' and ask for anything they want. It is your civic duty to deny any search without proper documentation.
__________________
Any comments made by me are made with the intent to spur discussion only.
Proceed on your own accord...
outrider58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2020, 01:58 AM #147
RoadDawg's Avatar
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 69,579
RoadDawg RoadDawg is offline
Nos nostraque Deo
RoadDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 69,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblas View Post
One minor correction to the above...Maryland wanted to follow in CA's path and basically copied their regulated rifles list back in 1989 for the first 39 rifles on the regulated list. MSRPA was successful in getting the Colt Sporter HBAR specifically exempted for competition reason, because COLT still owned the patent back in 1989 and was the only HBAR on the market at the time. Fast forward to 1992 when Bushmaster made a heavy Barrel version of their AR-15. MSP, in written correspondence, verified that the Bushmaster heavy barrel was a copy of the Colt Sporter HBAR and could be sold cash and carry. Then the other heavy barrel copies came along.



The additions to the regulated list were based on this and came about in 1994 in Maryland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg View Post
This is the real reason that HBAR rifles remained legal to possess in Maryland then and subsequently now.

And as I was told back then... MSRPA was helped by support of the military because they did not want their visiting shooters to be placed in jeopardy of violating Maryland gun laws while participating in the Maryland Shooting Competitions.

And the “weight” of the barrel really had no bearing on the issue other than the fact that the HBAR rifle does not have the cutout portion of the barrel which allows the M-203 to be attached. The fact that the rifle was designated by Colt as a “MATCH TARGET” stamped “MATCH HBAR” rifle... helped to sell the “approval“ for the exemption to the MGA. The “copy” exemptions for other manufacturer’s HBARs came later as you pointed out.

Example:
Attachment 285841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektek View Post
I tell you what. I have been educated on this forum about MD Gun restrictions more than anywhere else. I appreciate those who share the knowledge. It helps us stay out of hot water. Last thing I ever want to end up screwing my 2nd amend right to be a lawful, legal firearm owner.

Now we just need to figure out what came first. The HBAR or the dipstick currupt ill-informed politicians that made it a requirement?
See above posts...

The HBAR is the only thing that saved us from a total AR15 ban in the Marylandistan Gulag. If not for the original HBAR exemption... ALL AR15 rifles would be banned here.
__________________

"cogito 2A, ergo, armatum sum!"
"omnis canis plures habet die sua. habeo noctibus"

"SOCIALISM is a VIRUS that is spread LIBERALLY"[ME]
"There are none so bound by chains... as those who refuse to drop them and move on!" [ME]

__________________________________________________ ____________
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER • BLUE KNIGHT • FOP • SWORN TO PROTECT THE COTUS • MD DESIGNATED COLLECTOR • AMA LIFE MEMBER • MSI
I don’t sugar coat sh1t... I ain’t Willy Wonka.
RoadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2020, 06:53 AM #148
outrider58's Avatar
outrider58 outrider58 is online now
Goggle it Einstein
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,839
outrider58 outrider58 is online now
Goggle it Einstein
outrider58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg View Post
See above posts...

The HBAR is the only thing that saved us from a total AR15 ban in the Marylandistan Gulag. If not for the original HBAR exemption... ALL AR15 rifles would be banned here.
...and that's really the bottom line.
That's why they went after the hbars this time around. They are as insidious as a water leak.
__________________
Any comments made by me are made with the intent to spur discussion only.
Proceed on your own accord...
outrider58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2020, 08:17 AM #149
rseymorejr's Avatar
rseymorejr rseymorejr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harford County
Posts: 16,766
rseymorejr rseymorejr is offline
Senior Member
rseymorejr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harford County
Posts: 16,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider58 View Post
...and that's really the bottom line.
That's why they went after the hbars this time around. They are as insidious as a water leak.
Trying to close a "loophole"
I wish those bastards hard even a tiny shred of integrity
__________________
Maryland Licensed Realtor®
Endowment Member- NRA
Member- SLCFSA
Member-Mount Washington Rod & Gun Club
Member- Maryland Shall Issue
ROLL TIDE!!
rseymorejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service