• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    Probably minimum of $15k, maximum of a few hundred k,....... that's how hard, in a court of law anyway. I prefer the restrictions on my PA and FL permits, neither of which required an "interview". I'm not applying for a job, I'm asking permission for something I already have permission to do. Once I get old enough to to not give a fvck,... I'll likely stop even asking.

I guess I didn't say it well enough, I wasn't referring to your initial G&S Reason. You have a W&C Permit that restricts you to carrying only while conducting business. Wherever and whenever you are out and about, carrying, aren't you "conducting business?" As a firearms trainer, I am conducting business -- i.e., soliciting new customers -- everywhere I go.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Would you hire a person simply based on reading their application or resume? Seeing and talking with someone in person prior to approval may help point out inconsistencies or solidify the appraisal that they are a solid citizen.

Don't take that to mean that I'm in favor of the current process or need for a permit. I'm a proponent of 2nd Amendment-based Constitutional Carry. If a State (e.g., MD) mandates a process, however, then I am not arbitrarily opposed to an in-person interview to validate the information on the application.

If I was hiring someone, I wouldn't have wasted my time and money with the person that applied for the job by doing a phone interview. If you are going to have a process, then be open about it. I don't recall anywhere from the state that I had to do phone interviews and travel and show up in person. Filling out a form is one thing, but requiring someone to travel to a state building is wrong and that's not to mention the 2A...
    15 more years of dealing with stupid state nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    So, had my interview, the question is, who makes the decision? I asked and was told that it's up to a board....

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    So, had my interview, the question is, who makes the decision? I asked and was told that it's up to a board....

I never heard about a board at the LD, so your investigator may have been subtly telling you to expect a denial (i.e. HPRB). :mad54: I hope I'm wrong.
    My investigator gave me the impression his report would carry a lot of weight. Again, I don't know it that's true. I'm assuming it did because he was very much in favor of my permit getting approved. He gave me his cell and told me to call him if I didn't hear back from the LD withing a week. It ended up being about a month after the interview when my permit was mailed. The total time was around 85 calendar days.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    That's what I thought, he said that it wasn't up to him, and from what I read on the forums here, I knew he was talking about the appeals board. I'm not going to be surprised if he doesn't deny me, just hope he approves so I wouldn't have to deal with going through the appeals and all...

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My wife received her renewal today. That took 71 days from receipt at MSP.

The restrictions were written in the old wording for a business owner. She contacted Sgt. Knaub and he owned up to it being a mistake on MSP's end and a corrected permit will be sent out.

Be sure to check that wording.

Just received the replacement permit with the correct restriction wording. 5 days total.

bsavoy

Dec 15, 2014
    Freeland, MD
    Maryladn Case Search

I've been searching the threads and haven't found a concrete answer to this question, so don't bust my chops if it's been addressed and I missed it.

The app says "official court dispositions". Does this mean I have to contact the court and have them send me the documentation?

Or, I read in a post from 2012, printing the documents from http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us may be acceptable. Any validity to that?

Thanks in advance!
    This is BS :mad54:

bsavoy

Dec 15, 2014
    Freeland, MD
    G&S

Non-military business owner -
    can someone who fits this description provide me with some guidance regarding g&s?

It seems as though the only examples I can find relate to the military (thank you for your service).

I figure the appropriate wording is somewhere here on the black market.

I received some guidance on this from a credible source, but I'd like a second opinion. The wording seems like it may be too vague.

I almost dropped it off today, but wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks in advance!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    can someone who fits this description provide me with some guidance regarding g&s?

It seems as though the only examples I can find relate to the military (thank you for your service).

I received some guidance on this from a credible source, but I'd like a second opinion. The wording seems like it may be too vague.

Thanks in advance!

PM sent

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Thanks in advance!

No "black market wording" needed. Show proof that you own a business that has a cashflow and that you are not a prohibited person and you SHOULD be good to go with the typical business restrictions.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Just as an update. I submitted my renewal packet in Jan. My renewal is 3/31.

The guy running the show - Jack Harmel, seems to being difficult just because.

My renewal contained the SAME paperwork/proof/docs as my initial. The initial went through without a hitch. This guy came back and wanted additional documents and more business registration information

I did object to some of the paperwork as it contains trade secrets.

Not sure what is going on over there.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Just as an update. I submitted my renewal packet in Jan. My renewal is 3/31.

The guy running the show - Jack Harmel, seems to being difficult just because.

My renewal contained the SAME paperwork/proof/docs as my initial. The initial went through without a hitch. This guy came back and wanted additional documents and more business registration information

I did object to some of the paperwork as it contains trade secrets.

Not sure what is going on over there.

Isn't that lovely.... :rolleyes:

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

Kind of interested in exactly what type of business materials they want also. As the "new SOP" says nothing about actual bank deposits but others says they have been asked for such since the new SOP has been released. So is it just proof you have a business like one that requires a state issued business license ( such as a contractor ) and the letter from the bank simply stating you indeed have a business account while not giving any actual numbers or are deposit slips really still needed?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Standards and requirements tightening up. Left lane cruiser not as wrong as some may have thought.
    Months (literally) to still NOT get a permit or restriction mod after a board decision?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Can anyone tell me where the 90 day time period for decision by MSP is spelled out? I see it on their site but I wanted to look at the statute.

Thanks.

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    1/20 renewal sent
    2/1 check cashed
    Crickets since. Exp in May so figured I'd go early. I sent in every thing except deposits/receipts; went with bank letter this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom