Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM #931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
This is why:

Fla Out of State Resident = 31 states, and renewal cost $102.

UT Out of state Resident = 31 states, and renewal costs $15.
Merlin, thanks for the tip. After careful review I opted to get the Utah permit and for-go the Florida & Virginia renewal. I rarely ever go to Florida and the Utah permit gives you pretty much the states you would get with those two. I took the Utah required training class in Jessup this morning and my application is in the mail. I am guaranteed to have it back in about 60 days.

I found this guy named Kevin Duke of Dukes Defense World who holds the class in a nice facility in Jessup, MD, just off of I-95. http://www.dukesdefenseworld.com/

Kevin puts together an all inclusive Utah certified Concealed weapons permit training class that includes the paperwork, fingerprint cards (completed in class), photos, certificate, copies of license and certificate, and an envelope addressed to the Utah BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification). He throws in drinks, donuts, and good coffee as well as a great time.

I highly recommend this class with Kevin for those looking to obtain a Utah CCW.

Thanks again Merlin for the tip. Kevin said that Utah now has an online renewal process where you can go online and pay $15 and attach a recent photo and you will be good to go for another 5 years. No more fingerprint cards or high fees or waiting. It's awesome.
ArJuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:53 AM #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArJuna View Post
Merlin, thanks for the tip. After careful review I opted to get the Utah permit and for-go the Florida & Virginia renewal. I rarely ever go to Florida and the Utah permit gives you pretty much the states you would get with those two. I took the Utah required training class in Jessup this morning and my application is in the mail. I am guaranteed to have it back in about 60 days.

I found this guy named Kevin Duke of Dukes Defense World who holds the class in a nice facility in Jessup, MD, just off of I-95. http://www.dukesdefenseworld.com/

Kevin puts together an all inclusive Utah certified Concealed weapons permit training class that includes the paperwork, fingerprint cards (completed in class), photos, certificate, copies of license and certificate, and an envelope addressed to the Utah BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification). He throws in drinks, donuts, and good coffee as well as a great time.

I highly recommend this class with Kevin for those looking to obtain a Utah CCW.

Thanks again Merlin for the tip. Kevin said that Utah now has an online renewal process where you can go online and pay $15 and attach a recent photo and you will be good to go for another 5 years. No more fingerprint cards or high fees or waiting. It's awesome.

Glad to help. Kevin Duke is a great guy. He has been up my farm so he could do the live fire for the Fla permit for me and two friends of mine. He does offer a very good class.

MSI Member
SAF Member
NRA Member
Maryland Designated Collector
MD CCW
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM #933

Do you need cash deposits for MD ccw or will check deposits work?

I have my own business since 2006, Real estate agent as well, rehab my own properties. Had $250k in deposits (checks) to ATM in the last 6 months. In addition I carry my laptop that has sensitive financial information and job data with me in my car. I go in and out of vacant foreclosed houses all over maryland.

Do I need to make a bunch of cash deposits over the next few months or will this suffice for my application.
I also took a couple of gun safety courses, and have a gun safe in my house.

What do you think?
dkerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM #934
Wolverine

Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkerm View Post
I have my own business since 2006, Real estate agent as well, rehab my own properties. Had $250k in deposits (checks) to ATM in the last 6 months. In addition I carry my laptop that has sensitive financial information and job data with me in my car. I go in and out of vacant foreclosed houses all over maryland.

Do I need to make a bunch of cash deposits over the next few months or will this suffice for my application.
I also took a couple of gun safety courses, and have a gun safe in my house.

What do you think?
I would like to offer you hope, but not with the current state administration or the secretary of the state police.
They simply do not want you to carry.

Having said that, it's worth trying.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:45 PM #935
Oath Keeper

Oath Keeper

You have a better chance than most of us but I have to agree with Mega on this one, don't get your hopes up.
TheGoodSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:42 PM #936

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArJuna View Post

60 days...from the date they cash your check/charge your card.

Once you get the UT permit...you can a copy of it along with the app for the AZ permit to add a few more states. Renewals of AZ and UT combined are cheaper than FL all by itself.
Prudence will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed
mrjam2jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:05 AM #937

Application submitted 3-15-2013 - Business owner that carry's business currency on a daily basis. Let's see what happens..............

I used marylandfingerprinting.com for my live scan prints & photo's.
PA CCW holder
MD Designated Collector
Combat Veteran - U.S. Army
MSI Member
NRA Life Member
NAUIdvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:37 AM #938

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUIdvr1 View Post
Application submitted 3-15-2013 - Business owner that carry's business currency on a daily basis. Let's see what happens..............

I used marylandfingerprinting.com for my live scan prints & photo's.
You will be fine and get your ccw. Did marylandfingerprinting.com notorize your filled out app, or did they do that thing where they print out a new application with their notary seal printed on the application where you then had to fill it out all over again?

I went to the Live-Scan location in Glen Burnie and they were a pain in the ass. I had my nice and neatly typed filled out application with me when I went to their location thinking they would notarized it with one of the notary clamps. But nooooooooo, they were only able to print out a new application with their notary seal printed on it. Then I had to sit out in the parking lot and refill the whole thing out by hand again.

MSI Member
SAF Member
NRA Member
Maryland Designated Collector
MD CCW
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM #939

I'm still waiting for the legal issues to be sorted out
mikey6480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:44 PM #940

see? thats what gets me. The 2nd amendment already accounts for all this. Its like them saying, "ok the Constitution says you can bear arms and that can't be infringed upon, but you need to prove to us you really need to bear arms." Assuming 'bear arms' is conceal and carry.
johnnyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues