• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    always get forms from the agency that created them, because they do change them, much to the chagrin of those members who downloaded them from here found out.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Anyone have the updated CCW affidavit for the 16 hour class or has nothing changed? I'm having trouble with the msp library (surprise surprise).

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Don't you just upload your documents indicating you took the course from a certified instructor?

lol no. My application got sent back to me the first time because i didn't have the right TPS form. Such BS. The form was not listed anywhere on the site but by doing a deep web gooble search for pdfs with the form name I was able to locate it.

Easy enough to fix but still what a joke. The bureaucracy must go.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Tried when I first retired but the problem was that the DOD retired ID cards do not show anything about MOS or if LEO. Have all my letters, certificates, etc showing duty. Have to check that out again. Tanos

How did you "try" for LEOSA, through whom?
    Agencies provide/certify the qualifying applicant/retiree with id. Then it's up to the LEOSA card member to qualify yearly after that.
    MSP does not process/provide LEOSA for anyone other than their own retired troopers.

OMD6dawg

I am a DoD contractor and a couple of years ago there was a breach at the OPM office that exposed all my and my wife's personal info for my clearance. know we have a regular reporting of financial reporting and every time a registered sex offender who is living in our area. I also have a photography where I travel with thousands of dollars of equipment. Does not justify a conceal permit?

Thanks, Mark

I have my photography business EIN as well. This is my question.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If a LEO applies for a MD permit after 5 years of retirement it is MSP's policy not to issue a permit. I know that because "It's on our website."

I think it's a word issue. Separated or actually 20 year retired. I believe at one time they used to issue former Maryland LEOs who "separated", permits within 5 years of quitting. The 5 year tolerance is also the time frame of when a Maryland police certification expires.
    And until LEOSA came upon the scene, all retired Maryland cops.
    Unless for DC (which I may be wrong), there is not a "police place" for LEOSA qualified people to get their card. I do think DC might though.
    For example, a LA county sheriff deputy has to secure his LEOSA card and status before moving to Maryland. There's no " "oh shit" I forgot to get my card before I left California, so I'll just go to the "police place" in Maryland when I settle down." Again, DC might? I can verify that with a friend.
    Other agencies have no idea, nor should they, have to do an investigation to determine ones qualifying separated or retired employment and be a LEOSA card factory for everyone.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    At the last HPRB meeting a retired NYC Fire Marshall who had recently moved to MD was denied a permit by MSP because he had been retired longer than 5 years when requesting a permit. They recommended he go the LEOSA route.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    At the last HPRB meeting a retired NYC Fire Marshall who had recently moved to MD was denied a permit by MSP because he had been retired longer than 5 years when requesting a permit. They recommended he go the LEOSA route.

And just to add in a bit, LEOSA requires annual cert, and he already maintains valid VA and NY permits. Go figure, the guy just wants to settle and retire in Maryland and the MSP wants to make it difficult. Another nonsensical and unsupported "tradition." So the MSP LD wasted a whole lot of time and the Board reversed in favor of an unrestricted permit.

Best exchange of the night - Q: "Where in the statute, COMAR or your SOP does it say that?" A: "Nowhere, its own our website." :sad20:

Sad how the Superintendent and/or his designees in the LD have no problem exercising "discretion" when denying or restricting a fundamental right, but can't muster the strength to exercise the same level of "discretion" in protecting the exercise of the very same right.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Will one of the Mod's PLEASE change or remove the link to the application web page. Many people including myself have followed the link in this sticky to only find out that it is an out dated application when it is returned from MSP.
    Carry on.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Thank you. And relative to the G & S; Is there a large distinction between dealing with cash and large (sometimes very large) sums of money in the form of commercial checks?
    No, although you will hear differently from some who don't have a permit but feel the need to spread their BGOS. Business owners will have no issues getting a permit whether they handle cash or checks.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    No, although you will hear differently from some who don't have a permit but feel the need to spread their BGOS. Business owners will have no issues getting a permit whether they handle cash or checks.

How do criminals, which are known for their intelligence and substance free lifestyle, know your deposit envelope contains checks, cash or negotiable instruments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

• CWO

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom