• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Though that is not the interpretation used at Andrews AFB. Remember the installation commander can enforce other rules or restrictions. At Andrews, I had to sign an affidavit stating that I would leave the installation directly upon completion of the purchase.
    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Where do they sell firearms at Andrews? that's closer than Ft Meade. But my last one at Meade they said I could bring in my own lock. I can't remember but one place said you had to buy a new one with each pistol.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is Noah Olivier refering to different Dealers having different policies, or MSP having free form interpretation of the week in their advising/ intimidating Dealers ?

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Where do they sell firearms at Andrews? that's closer than Ft Meade. But my last one at Meade they said I could bring in my own lock. I can't remember but one place said you had to buy a new one with each pistol.
    At the main exchange, it is across from the comissary.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Most FFLs I have dealt with allow me to bring my own bore lock. The law says it needs to be with the firearm. Not installed in it. In one case I forgot to bring my bore lock with me so I had to purchase one from the gun shop. A few shops require you to purchase a lock FROM THEM with EACH TRANSACTION. If that is the case, I'd be looking for another gun shop. There used to be a bore lock exchange thread here that allowed people to borrow bore locks for the purpose of picking up their firearms. Not sure if it is still active.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    You could just ask to borrow one here:
    MD Handgun Lock Exchange
    Every handgun I have purchased in MD (while on Active Duty), has required the same lock.

~snip~There used to be a bore lock exchange thread here that allowed people to borrow bore locks for the purpose of picking up their firearms. Not sure if it is still active.
    It still exists and is used occasionally. I mentioned it (with link) up-thread.

CrashRecovery

May 26, 2017
    I'm just getting back into owning a few fire arms. I picked up my glock from my dealer and walked out the door without even putting the included lock on the weapon. Did they forget to tell me to do so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom