• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There's still very much a place for the NRA in 2A affairs, especially in the national political arena. It would be truly horrible, in terms of optics as well as actual results, if the NRA were to be seriously weakened or destroyed.

Since the second Obama term, I've been moved to up my involvement with NRA to the point of being a life endowment member. I certainly feel they could do a better job, but until they straighten themselves out my money goes elsewhere.

SAF, GOA, JPFO, MSI and especially Judicial Watch are the orgs I support, as they are in position to further my current agenda. NRA's effectiveness is high around election time; meanwhile, sue the bastards.

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Meh, it probably makes fun of people who aren’t into Purdy shotguns or H&H double rifles. You know, we knuckledraggers who make up 99% of their membership.

I wanted to have them rescind my life member status after the bumpstock sellout, but was told there was no process to do so. So I’ll keep getting junk mail forever.

Just return the junk unopened with the notation "Deceased."

Of course, then you'll automatically vote the straight Dim Ticket at least twice. Forever.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is bad news (but not unexpected).

New York Attorney General Probes NRA as Oliver North Exits as President

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oliver-north-out-as-nra-president-11556376506

This is EXACTLY the strategy that Bloomberg quietly announced last January. State level witch hunt. Even the timing (NRA is vulnerable because of internal bickering, etc.) is on the mark. The nice thing about Liberals is that they always warn us of what they're going to do. :popcorn:

ETA: I've been thinking WLP should have been "retired" a decade or more ago. He's the face of the NRA to the Libs, just as the NRA is the face of the 2A to them. If you want to clean up the image nationally, get rid of Crazy Uncle Wayne. He's just diverting the Lib heat away the other 2A orgs, IMO.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Yup. LaPierre needed to go at least a decade ago, probably more. And why they went with Oliver North, with all his baggage, instead of Kim Rhode with her six Olympic medals is beyond me.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    If they get rid of WLP, and make a serious attempt to change their financial habits, I may join them again.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    New York Times has been told that Wayne was re-elected. The meeting has been in executive session all day so there’s no record of what was discussed.

Attachments

• 79A1BB55-197B-4A93-A425-FB19EE310DD6.jpg
      79A1BB55-197B-4A93-A425-FB19EE310DD6.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 506

gcwood

Continental Soldier
    Jun 26, 2013
    We need a NEW NRA

Over the past year the NRA (of which I have been a proud Life member for years) has completely derailed itself. Oliver North as President? Really? That's handing the left a perfect target!! Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox both need to go. They are seen as nothing but rabid right wing extremeists. When Tom Selleck quietly resigned, that was a loud wake up call!

The liberals know that they can go to the state level as they are now doing in New York and win as the NRA does not fight at the state level. The NRA needs fresh leadership to return itself to a credible, financially stable organization before it will ever be effective again as a defender of our second amendment rights. We are in real danger here and our own organization's leadership put us there.

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    hmm, really weird that the NRA couldnt be beaten from the outside, so it had to be subverted from the inside.

Oliver north is the most shabbos ****ing goy imaginable. Under his leadership, the NRA will cuck hard to leftists, and we’ll go the way of New Zealand.

Diverse, gay, weaponless, trannies.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Well we can't forget that Troy was beat from the inside.

But also I think the NRA has existed as King of the Hill for so long they lost their way a little. I really hope they find their way quickly because there isn't anyone who can fill their power vacuum and I wonder what will happen without the specter of the NRA.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    NRA has probably seen it's last contribution form me also. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from last years Patriot Picket support function and their lack of support for us... :tdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom