• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    It disgusts me to say this...but the very first year OMalley ran for city council...(early 90's) he actually came to my house(I was <10 years old at the time) and my father showed him and around and had my mom make him a milkshake... He was actually a pretty decent guy then... My dad wouldn't have done that for the scum sucking pos that's our governor...

You know what they say about Power and Corruption....

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It disgusts me to say this...but the very first year OMalley ran for city council...(early 90's) he actually came to my house(I was <10 years old at the time) and my father showed him and around and had my mom make him a milkshake... He was actually a pretty decent guy then... My dad wouldn't have done that for the scum sucking pos that's our governor...

Nah, you were just too young to see it ;)

I knwo a guy that went to HS with him and he says that O'Mouthy was a little prick then too.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    It won the MD Senate and now is headed for the House of Delegates. My only question is how will this override help me or you? According to the article the guns are only wanting to be sold to manufacturers. Not dealers or distributors or regular joe's.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I like how not ONE news article states that these "Law Enforcement firearms" can be purchased by anyone legally able to own a gun (except post-86 NFA machineguns of course). Go into any gun store and you'll see GLOCK 22s, SIG P226es, H&K USPs, Beretta 92FSes... including *gasp* FACTORY REFURBISHED POLICE TRADE-INS! People need to learn that O'Malley's a douchebag who doesn't know anything about how to manage the affairs of our state.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    It won the MD Senate and now is headed for the House of Delegates. My only question is how will this override help me or you? According to the article the guns are only wanting to be sold to manufacturers. Not dealers or distributors or regular joe's.

No direct help to you or I. Indirectly, it's a nice slap on O'Malley's wrist to keep him in line. When the Senate AND House pass a bill unanimously, it should mean that the will of the people has been expressed soundly, and that O'Dickhead's moronic opinion doesn't mean shit compared to that of the people of Maryland.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    No direct help to you or I. Indirectly, it's a nice slap on O'Malley's wrist to keep him in line. When the Senate AND House pass a bill unanimously, it should mean that the will of the people has been expressed soundly, and that O'Dickhead's moronic opinion doesn't mean shit compared to that of the people of Maryland.

Right, it's just to help LEAs recover the cost of investing in new weaponry. I guess in a roundabout way, you might come across a police trade-in that at one time rode in the holster of a friendly LEO in Maryland.

Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    I guess in a roundabout way, you might come across a police trade-in that at one time rode in the holster of a friendly LEO in Maryland.

Or, even better, you could end up with some statist douchebag's formerly-issued gun. That way, every time you take it to the range, you can relish how pissed he'd be if he knew where the gun is now

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Or, even better, you could end up with some statist douchebag's formerly-issued gun. That way, every time you take it to the range, you can relish how pissed he'd be if he knew where the gun is now

kinda like owning a Mosin, or a K98. Proof that we won, and now we have their stuff:D

Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    Neat! You have a souviner from the dark days of the Clinton Gun Ban. Hang on to those mags, as I'm sure that they are collector's items.

I think it'll be several years before that's the case, since they're so common. I have several "law enforcement use only" AR15 mags.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Ruger is still making them with the markings and restricting them to LEO's and military only. This is their opinion and not Law.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Now if they would just push a shall-issue bill through, have him veto it, then do the same #'s override. Like that would ever happen, but one can dream.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Now if they would just push a shall-issue bill through, have him veto it, then do the same #'s override. Like that would ever happen, but one can dream.

Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore....

As long as ALL of us make a personal commitment to make it to the key hearings this year there's no reason that we can't hold ground in 2008....BUT folks need to plan ahead and take days off work to show up to hearings and testify.....

That means printing x number of copies of your testimony depending on the committee, showing up before 12:30PM and sitting it out until our hearing comes up....

The GOOD news is that we tend to be a stubborn lot so we've got that going for us.....which is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom