What is the penalty for failure to register regulated firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think that is for illegal transfers of firearms.

Question is how long after moving to Maryland does a person have to register a handgun. What is the deadline and what is the penalty for not meeting the deadline.
    You would be incorrect, since 5-144 deals with the violation of the subtitle.
    Title 5 (Firearms)
    Subtitle 1 (Regulatd Firearms)
    That would items 5-1 through to and including 5-146, if you violate any of those, the penalty is spelled out in 5-144 for violating 5-143.

5-143 spells out the timeline:

"(1) A person who moves into the State with the intent of becoming a resident shall register all regulated firearms with the Secretary within 90 days after establishing residency."

clarencehenherder

MDS Supporter
    Aug 19, 2013
    Sussex County, Delaware
    You would be incorrect, since 5-144 deals with the violation of the subtitle.
    Title 5 (Firearms)
    Subtitle 1 (Regulatd Firearms)
    That would items 5-1 through to and including 5-146, if you violate any of those, the penalty is spelled out in 5-144 for violating 5-143.

5-143 spells out the timeline:

"(1) A person who moves into the State with the intent of becoming a resident shall register all regulated firearms with the Secretary within 90 days after establishing residency."
    What is the penalty if someone passes the 90 days? I guess what I am saying if someone realized this 6 months after moving in and then tried to register the weapon they would be arrested?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What is the penalty if someone passes the 90 days? I guess what I am saying if someone realized this 6 months after moving in and then tried to register the weapon they would be arrested?
    They'll be advised to report to their local Ethical Suicide parlor forthwith, in order to prevent further action by the State against their families, heirs and assigns.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I already answered that question, the link to the penalty is in post 35. Did you click the link and read 5-144 of the Public Safety Article?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

The 90 days begins when you know the firearms have to be registered. So if you don’t know, you don’t know.
    But since this is the internet. Now you know. 89 days to go.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom