• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Your arrogance and stubborn refusal of compromise with more moderate members of your own party managed to help preserve what little is left of individual liberty in Maryland for at least another year! Bravo!

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Your arrogance and stubborn refusal of compromise with more moderate members of your own party managed to help preserve what little is left of individual liberty in Maryland for at least another year! Bravo!

Indeed. I need a cover FB account as I wanted to put Nelson on her FB pages.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

Napoleon, once said never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. I hope she don't learn for history!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'm skeptical it was Atterbeary who killed this. When the Senate made the very odd "amish" amendment I suspected something was up. There simply are not many Amish settlements in MD, and I highly doubt anyone would prosecute them anyway. Very very few bills are killed outright with a vote. They die slowly of process. Zirkin was just the hit man. There were some others in the Senate I have no doubt that were looking for cover. The last minute "conference" was I think to give her some cover. I think leadership shined her and used her as a tool.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm skeptical it was Atterbeary who killed this. When the Senate made the very odd "amish" amendment I suspected something was up. There simply are not many Amish settlements in MD, and I highly doubt anyone would prosecute them anyway. Very very few bills are killed outright with a vote. They die slowly of process. Zirkin was just the hit man. There were some others in the Senate I have no doubt that were looking for cover. The last minute "conference" was I think to give her some cover. I think leadership shined her and used her as a tool.

Quite possible, but she didn't do herself any favors with her pronouncements, either. Lord Bloomberg will be very displeased with her failure.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I am sure there are ways to fight gun crime, like actually utilizing and convicting with the current laws where, gun or no gun, one will be punished, and they fail to do this. Atterbeary actually failed, failed her constituents in making their community safer.

Failed to introduce or sponsor any program or bill to make her community safer "constitutionally". It can be done but they are not interested in this, only to go along with swamp money backed, feel good, need a vote bills.
    And therefore the attack on the everyday normal law abiding citizen has failed ... Thank You Atterbeary.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Quite possible, but she didn't do herself any favors with her pronouncements, either. Lord Bloomberg will be very displeased with her failure.

Maybe Bloomturd will say to her, in his Seinfeld Soup Nazi voice, “No campaign donation for you! Do not come back!”.:D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Dont confuse the drama and on stage theatrics with the real behind the scenes technicals of production. 95% of what goes on in Assapolis is simply a dog and pony show for the cameras.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)

What actually happened ? When I went to bed, these all looked like a sure thing ? Not complaining !

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I greeted her again on the bricks yesterday wearing full WWNC attire, holding an American Flag and pocket COTUS in my right hand, WWNC sign in my left. When she did stop and turn, I said, "Hi Delegate Atterbeary. Yes, I'm District 13!" (that's her LD) Her facial reaction was one of shock. She was likely thinking to herself, "How did I let you into my district? I demand compliance of all of my subjects!"

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    We were getting reports on MDS last night with 30 or so minutes left to go that Atterbeary was invoking Busch's name to get provisions from her previous bill incorporated and basically indignant about what the Senate judiciary committee did to the companion version. This is the same delegate that complained to the Baltimore Sun about her bill being "gutted". She had a take it or leave it opportunity and decided to leave it and have her minions blame Zirkin.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis
    We were getting reports on MDS last night with 30 or so minutes left to go that Atterbeary was invoking Busch's name to get provisions from her previous bill incorporated and basically indignant about what the Senate judiciary committee did to the companion version. This is the same delegate that complained to the Baltimore Sun about her bill being "gutted". She had a take it or leave it opportunity and decided to leave it and have her minions blame Zirkin.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good thing she left it, really hurts her image in the long run, too. Wonder what Zirkin's opinion on all of this is?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Would it be in bad taste to send her a framed photo of the WWNC banner flying over the capitol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom