• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Alright, how does this process work right now? If I apply for a CCW and I am denied by MSP, I understand that I appeal to the HPRB, which holds its hearings in Baltimore County (correct me if I am wrong). If HPRB rules against me on my appeal, then where is my OAH hearing held? If I lose at the OAH hearing, which county's Circuit Court would I file my appeal in?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Alright, how does this process work right now? If I apply for a CCW and I am denied by MSP, I understand that I appeal to the HPRB, which holds its hearings in Baltimore County (correct me if I am wrong). If HPRB rules against me on my appeal, then where is my OAH hearing held? If I lose at the OAH hearing, which county's Circuit Court would I file my appeal in?
    OAH is in Cockeysville, Baltimore county, (Hunt Valley). If you appeal to the Circiut Court, you would file in the county that you live in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    HPRB is held in AA County

Last edited:

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016

HPRB is in Anne Arundel county.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    If MSP appeals the OAH decision, they would file in Baltimore county

Wish there was something in the law that required both the applicant for the CCW and MSP to file in the Circuit Court that the applicant resides in. Only fair that a Circuit Court judge in the county the applicant resides in determine whether the applicant have G&S for a CCW.

Essentially, something that would establish venue at the Circuit Court level as the applicant's county of residence. People that apply for a CCW should not be subjected to the whims of PG, MoCo, Baltimore County, and Baltimore City (i.e., the Maryland General Assembly), but they are. Wish that if a OAH hearing were appealed, the applicant would get the benefit of his/her own Circuit Court to render a decision on G&S no matter whether it is the applicant or MSP appealing the OAH decision.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Wish there was something in the law that required both the applicant for the CCW and MSP to file in the Circuit Court that the applicant resides in. Only fair that a Circuit Court judge in the county the applicant resides in determine whether the applicant have G&S for a CCW.

Essentially, something that would establish venue at the Circuit Court level as the applicant's county of residence. People that apply for a CCW should not be subjected to the whims of PG, MoCo, Baltimore County, and Baltimore City (i.e., the Maryland General Assembly), but they are. Wish that if a OAH hearing were appealed, the applicant would get the benefit of his/her own Circuit Court to render a decision on G&S no matter whether it is the applicant or MSP appealing the OAH decision.
    Holding the trial in your county doesn't guarantee you will get a hometown judge. When there's a shortage of judges in a county due to sickness, vacations or whatever, a traveling judge is brought in to fill the vacancy. I was involved in a trial in Balt Co where the judge was from Harford Co.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Holding the trial in your county doesn't guarantee you will get a hometown judge. When there's a shortage of judges in a county due to sickness, vacations or whatever, a traveling judge is brought in to fill the vacancy. I was involved in a trial in Balt Co where the judge was from Harford Co.

Nope, there are only two guarantees in life, death and taxes, and I deal with them almost every single day of my life. Depressing.

I would still like my odds of getting a hometown judge if the Circuit Court hearing is in my county of residence. Much greater likelihood of that happening than getting a hometown Judge as a sitting judge in Baltimore County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom