• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The OAH focuses on administrivia not statutory issues and is specifically charged with giving deference to the administrative agency. In other words, did the MSP LD follow their rules when they applied their decision?

Once through the OAH, the Circuit is then limited to reviewing whether the OAH did their job correctly, IIRC. It's a circle jerk of epic proportions.

What is the rule for evaluating the applicants reason for needing an Concealed carry permit? Meaning what is good and substantial and what is not good and substantial.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    1 PM HJC hearing on the HPRB repeal bill SB 1000 now “postponed until 2 PM.”

Updates to follow.

Second pic: HJC Bill status board; bottom line shows SB 1000 as “pending.”

(For info on watching the live stream of this hearing today at 2PM go to post #1.)

I guess they're trolling for more Bloomberg "contributions" before passing it.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    She is making the questioning up about about asking if you have a permit up. If I make a stop, and I see a weapon on an individual I'm going to ask if they have a permit or not!

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    So I assume that the review board minutes must be confidential and not open to the public for there to be no way for the Legislators to have cross referenced names of people who won their appeal through Case Search or any crime database??

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It certainly can be, all denied will be the result.

I was referring to logistics.

Say the bill goes into effect 1 May, the applicants get their notice of hearing dates which would have to have a lead time to allow counsel to do their due diligence, there are 12 days of that 45 day period that are weekends, etc.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Are we playing the long game or short game here? I say we're playing the game. Could removing the HPRB further restrict that Constitutional right and much more quickly force Maryland down the road DC has gone to Shall Issue? Doubt it, as depends on a whole lot of things that are and are not in our control. Right now, Maryland could be making a mistake. I believe it was Napoleon Bonaparte, once said "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

As a citizen I really don't care for this proposal. I believe it is an attempt by the left to swing things in their favor in the long term. Just like getting rid of the Electoral College , opening admitting to gerrymandering to prevent republicans from winning seats in the MGA and packing the Supreme Court. When things are not going their way they move to change the playing field. This bill being an emergency is again another example. We have nothing to lose if we protest, but is it fair to those individuals that are at that stage? I think anytime you weaken civilian over-site you're are asking for trouble. I personally, could go out and get me my Federal LEO Carry License. But I haven't yet. Because I don't think it is fair.

See, the HPRB operates with the LAW and the COMAR as their basis, with a lawyer in attendance to ensure this is what happens. The MSP LD operates with their nebulous and prolly nonexistent SOP as a basis. There's the difference.

On the bright side... If nothing else, since the OAH focuses on ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS, they could force the LD to finally reveal (i.e., write down) their current SOP that they claim to be using. THAT could finally be the evidence needed for a successful lawsuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom