• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Any idea when the committees will vote on the various gun bills as written or amended? Is there a set date? Or is it just whenever they get around to it.

I know it isn’t over till sine die, but still wondering what the next news might be on what the odds are on the various bills or changes to them

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Any idea when the committees will vote on the various gun bills as written or amended? Is there a set date? Or is it just whenever they get around to it.

I know it isn’t over till sine die, but still wondering what the next news might be on what the odds are on the various bills or changes to them

Whenever (aka 'who can say' [said in Hannibal Lecter voice])

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

No set date, other than March 18th for crossover. I would say keep an eye on the bills list on the MGA website.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009

I believe the way this works is "voting sessions" for particular committees (both Judiciary committees of interest to us) are announced in the general sessions. The announcement does not say what bills they plan on voting on, that is up to the chair. When someone sees an announcement there will be voting sessions then is the time to watch with interest what happens.

edited - thanks dblas for correction

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I believe the way this works is "voting sessions" for particular committees (both Juniciary committees of interest to us) are announced in the general sessions. The announcement does not say what bills they plan on voting on, that is up to the chair. And they are not always open to the public, so when someone sees an announcement there will be voting sessions then is the time to watch with interest what happens.

ALL committee voting session are open to the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom