• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What a sh!t show. Yeah, I can see all too many of those sailing like shining nanny state comets through the MD legislature.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's quite a list. Here are a few examples ...

- Requires the sale of firearm precursor parts to be conducted by or processed through a licensed firearm precursor part vendor.

- Highly technical bill that requires the administrator of a will or trust to have an unexpired handgun safety certificate (which doesn’t exist) if the estate or trust includes a handgun.

- Prohibits an insurer from either selling or advertising liability coverage for bodily injury or property damage resulting from the insured’s discharge of a personal firearm.

Much of this sky-is-the-limit nonsense is a result of the the SC's reluctance to take on 2A cases to defend the civil right. Hoping that there will be an effort to remedy this with Kennedy replaced by Kavanaugh, and Roberts leaning toward preserving precedence vs being swayed to the notion that judicial independence means following the liberal wing of the court. Heck, if we could pick up Kagan on some of these rulings (wishful thinking, I know), it would help send the message.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Agree with all of the support/oppose EXCEPT: AB1559: Allowing a person with a restraining order to receive an emergency carry permit.

Because written into the California state law is an exception to the draconian conceal carry laws which states that if a person has a restraining order against someone, they can carry concealed without a permit.

I am not sure if this is an oversight of existing law by the bill's author, or something more sinister, but i have told the webmaster of that sight to review their stance on that subject

Even the gun grabbers at Everytown acknowledge this:

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/concealed-weapons-permitting-in-california/

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Jesus, that makes MD look like Vermont. Holy crap, Californians had better take their state back.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    "Requires the sale of firearm precursor parts to be conducted by or processed through a licensed firearm precursor part vendor."

What the hell does THIS mean? Are they referring to 80 percent receivers? Or ANY gun part? I remember how badly I wanted to move to California when I was young and into skateboarding. My change of hobbies has changed my mind - in a big way.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    "Requires the sale of firearm precursor parts to be conducted by or processed through a licensed firearm precursor part vendor."

What the hell does THIS mean? Are they referring to 80 percent receivers? Or ANY gun part? I remember how badly I wanted to move to California when I was young and into skateboarding. My change of hobbies has changed my mind - in a big way.

Most likely any gun part, knowing California

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    That's quite a list. Here are a few examples ...

Much of this sky-is-the-limit nonsense is a result of the the SC's reluctance to take on 2A cases to defend the civil right. Hoping that there will be an effort to remedy this with Kennedy replaced by Kavanaugh, and Roberts leaning toward preserving precedence vs being swayed to the notion that judicial independence means following the liberal wing of the court. Heck, if we could pick up Kagan on some of these rulings (wishful thinking, I know), it would help send the message.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I think we need to take the "we will not comply" roadshows to the steps the of the SC and bring a few thousand of our friends. Until they start hearing cases, the unjust laws will just keep being shoved down our throats.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Hummm, I have some 4140 and 8620 steel a small amount of hss drill rod (various types and sizes) a box of worn out files in the corner, oh, and some 7075-T6 aluminium billets and rods to sell, can I sell them on the open market or must I sell through an FFL someone in California is asking.....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I think we need to take the "we will not comply" roadshows to the steps the of the SC and bring a few thousand of our friends. Until they start hearing cases, the unjust laws will just keep being shoved down our throats.

Protesting the court for whether or how it takes cases is counterproductive at best. To the extent that Roberts would even care, his inclination would be to do the OPPOSITE of whatever an angry chanting mob demands - in order to demonstrate that the court isn't willing to be pushed around. If there's anything predictable about him, it's that.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I wouldn't give CA credit for coming up with this. Schumer has been talking about requiring all parts go through an FFL transfer for years.

I look forward to every metal tube at Home Depot requiring a background check.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It is heading here , these people have only started with us . They hate us and everything we believe in , God , Family , Country and the Constitution means nothing to them . If it is hatred and killing babies they are all for it , they enjoy us being uncomfortable and worrying about our freedoms .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom